Elisa’s mission is to create a sustainable future for our customers through digitalisation. To make this real, we have created a design community with 50+ talents. We are changing the company inside out. We are proud of our accomplishments but know that there is room to grow into a world-class design community. For this reason, we are looking for a visionary leader as a Design Lead.
Your mission is alignment and excellence in design throughout the entire Elisa community to reach our vision of ”One Elisa”.
What You’ll Do
- Lead our community and culture
- Help our lead designers to build, develop and implement a competent design vision and strategy
- Help design teams towards impactful, lean, innovative and meaningful work practices
- Promoting the value of design and collaborating with stakeholders to develop our design offering
- Helping the community to build and implement aligned Elisa experience – One Elisa
- Leading and managing a core team of designers for user insight, design system and identification
- Creating meaningful and productive co-operation with stakeholders; customers, business, developers and architects, researchers and analysts
- Identifying opportunities for designers to deliver,
- Creating conditions for professional growth, development opportunities and cross-domain collaboration
- Acting as a manager for a core design team of design system, design research and digital identification, serving the whole Elisa
To success, you have 15+ years experience in
- Scaling design operation in big organisation and rising its maturity
- Getting things done, understanding how to combine effort and passion for value creation
- Driving the team towards excellence – rising quality of services through continuous, data driven development, experimenting and learning
- Turning development needs and ideas to business cases and selling them successfully to different stakeholders
- Creating a collaborative and supportive atmosphere for success and failure
- Mastership in several areas from design
- Building and leading cross-functional and cross-organisational teams and operations
- Identifying talents, hiring them and managing to grow professionally
- Speaking and presenting your work and ideas publicly and in digital channels
This position is located in Elisa’s HQ in Pasila (Helsinki).
We believe that the future is created together. That’s why we collaborate constantly with all the best and organised two design conferences for sharing best practices; DesignSystems 2018 and JointFutures 2019.
What we offer?
We offer a possibility to be part of a great community of design professionals. Elisa has been nominated multiple times as one of the best places to work in Finland. We want to be the driver of development and build new and better ways to do what we do.
We highly appreciate our extremely flexible working conditions, the endless learning opportunities and the friendly and laid-back culture, among other awesome things. Welcome to join us and see it all for yourself! You can also read more about our work and projects at https://corporate.elisa.com/careers/avoimet_tyopaikat/servicedesign/
Leave an application as soon as possible and we will get back to you!
If you want to discuss more about the role, don’t hesitate to contact Jouni Linkola ( email@example.com , 050 555 0466)