We are looking for an experienced design talent to become the owner of our new Outotec Design system. We believe that a design system guarantees our users a consistent Outotec-branded experience across all our digital products and services. For development teams, the reusable components and patterns of the Sketch- and React-based libraries coupled with design principles and process inspire and accelerate the development to create even better digital solutions for our customers.
As the versatile and inspiring owner of the Outotec Design system, you will take the Design system to the next level and beyond the minimum viable product. You will continue to build a company-wide system that can tackle even more challenging needs of our digital offering ranging from customer portal to asset analytics to digital twins or even venture to operator room user interfaces or equipment touch panels.
The Design system is developed as a part of Outotec’s Digital Solutions Platform – a platform focused on solving real-world challenges to improve safety, performance and sustainability of our customers’ operations. See more about us at dev.outotec.com!
As Design system owner, you will:
- Develop and curate the Outotec Design system – design principles, libraries of patterns and user interface components, as well as templates and tools.
- Form a clear vision for the Design system that brings the most value for Outotec digital solutions.
- Represent and support the Design system users and discover their articulated as well as latent needs.
- Work closely with the Design system users, i.e. other agile development teams and their product owners.
- Create, refine and prioritize the development backlog using agile product development practices.
- Enable the small Design system team of designers and developers to successfully deliver value.
- Participate in the Outotec design community and contribute to hands-on design work as necessary.
To succeed, you will need:
- Solid hands-on experience in user interface and user experience design
- Work history in agile software product development as a designer or product owner
- Good understanding of modern software development or even some basic skills of front-end development
- Knowledge of what makes a user interface great; the beauty, the simplicity, the interaction, the code
- Eye for aesthetics and visual user interface design
- Good communication and people skills
- Fluent English required, Finnish skills can be useful
We offer you exciting and cool work on digitalization projects in an industrial domain with a team full of skills and passion. You will work in a global environment and will have excellent possibilities to develop your personal and professional skills in a world’s leading company in minerals and metals processing technology. Got interested? Fill in an online application by June 23.