Marimekko is a Finnish lifestyle design company renowned for its original prints and colours. The company’s product portfolio includes high-quality clothing, bags and accessories as well as home décor items ranging from textiles to tableware.
When Marimekko was founded in 1951, its unparalleled printed fabrics gave it a strong and unique identity. Marimekko products are sold in about 40 countries. In 2018, brand sales of the Marimekko products worldwide amounted to EUR 248 million and the net sales were EUR 112 million. Roughly 150 Marimekko stores serve customers around the globe. The key markets are Northern Europe, North America and the Asia-Pacific region. The Group employs about 450 people. The Marimekko share is quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd.
We are looking for a
Designer / Product Developer (Printed Textiles, Home)
to join our Home Design Team at Marimekko HQ in Helsinki. The position is a temporary substitution until April 2021 and reports to Design & Product Development Director of Home Products and Print Design.
In this position you have a centric role in Home Collection Building being responsible for printed fabrics and printed textile ready made products (cmt). You work closely with our artwork studio, merchandising and sourcing teams as well as the sampling studio in our printing mill.
To succeed in this position you need to have extensive experience in printed textiles and home product design and you are familiar with the textile industry. You have strong understanding of print design and good sense of colours and shapes. In addition, you have a strong knowledge of different printing techniques and good product technical skills. You are not afraid to take responsibility and are eager to contribute to Marimekko´s bright future.
Your main areas of responsibilities include:
- Printed fabrics and printed textiles ready made product design and PD
- Creation of design packages containing technical specifications
- Coordination of printed fabrics sampling with printing mill
- Colouring prints
- Commenting prototypes
- Coordinating different collection related issues and producing the collection overviews
What we are expecting:
- Textile design degree (BA/MA)
- Previous strong design experience min. 2 yrs
- Excellent IT skills, especially Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign
- In-depth understanding of the textile industry, printed textiles, home product design and collection work
- An exceptional eye for prints, colours & qualitys
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent team work skills
- Fluent communication skills, both in written and verbal English, Finnish is an advantage
At Marimekko we encourage people to be themselves. We believe in fairness and doing things together, using common sense and finding joy in our work. If you connect with these values and have the right background, we can offer you a unique opportunity to work in an exciting, international design environment with an iconic Finnish brand!
If this opportunity sparks your interest, please apply by sending your application in English, including CV, cover letter and salary expectation via our career site no later than 16th of February 2020.
For further information, please contact Minna Kemell-Kutvonen, Design & Product Development Director of Home Products and Print Design via email firstname.lastname@example.org any time or by phone +358 50 301 9727 on Monday 10th or Tuesday 11th of February between 8-9 am.
Design & Product Development Director of Home Products and P