Marimekko is a Finnish lifestyle design company renowned for its original prints and colours. The company’s product portfolio includes high-quality clothing, bags and accessories as well as home décor items ranging from textiles to tableware.
When Marimekko was founded in 1951, its unparalleled printed fabrics gave it a strong and unique identity. Marimekko products are sold in about 40 countries. In 2019, brand sales of the Marimekko products worldwide amounted to EUR 251 million and the net sales were EUR 125 million. Roughly 150 Marimekko stores serve customers around the globe. The key markets are Northern Europe, North America and the Asia-Pacific region. The Group employs about 450 people. The Marimekko share is quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd.
We are looking for a
Pattern Maker / Technical Designer
to our Ready-to-Wear team. The position is a temporary maternity leave substitution starting the soonest (prefereably in June 2020) and lasting until June 2021.
Pattern Maker – Techical Designer is the key connection between our design and sourcing. To succeed in the position, you need experience in pattern making, technical instructions, modelling, fashion design and production process. You need to understand the main features of industrial production. You are familiar with different materials and components as well as modern silhouettes. You take initiative and you are a solid professional in your field of experience. The position is based in Marimekko HQ in Helsinki, Finland and reports to the Head of Design & Product Development Studio.
- measurements, pattern making and gradings if needed: you are responsible for the product fit
- technical product design process including the technical instructions
- inspecting and commenting on samples
- to reach the best possible product quality
- communication with design and sourcing teams
The job requires:
- holistic approach to industrial manufacturing process and product quality
- good knowledge of clothing product range and various materials
- studies in clothing and design; solid experience in patterns and modelling
- more than three years experience in pattern making and tehcnical design
- fluent written and verbal communication skills in English – Finnish is an advantage
- excellent Illustrator, Lectra/ Modaris and MS Office skills
At Marimekko we encourage people to be themselves. We believe in fairness and doing things together, using common sense and finding joy in our work. If you connect with these values and have the right background, we might be able to offer you a unique opportunity to work in an exciting and creative work environment with one of the most iconic lifestyle brands.
If you feel like you are the one we are looking for, please send your application in English, including CV, personal letter and salary request by clicking the Apply-button on https://company.marimekko.com/en/careers/open-jobs/. We will be reviewing the applications already during the application period so we would love to hear from you as soon as possible, but no later than 24 May 2020.
With further questions regarding this position, please contact Head of Design and Product Development Studio Taru Lahti by phone +358 44 769 5225 on Thursday 14th of May between 14:00-15:30 or via email at taru.lahti(at)marimekko.com.