Kallan & Co Helsinki studio is looking for an experienced Senior Brand Designer to conceptualise and design brand identities for a broad range of clients. As a Senior Brand Designer you will be doing hands-on design work and leading your project team of designers to create new brands and renew existing ones. You have ambitions to create something that is always raising the bar and you are never satisfied with mediocre results. It’s important for you to constantly get better at your craft, and to help others succeed.
You will be working as part of the Helsinki studio team and collaborate closely with other Kallan & Co design studios in Australia and New Zealand.
This is a full-time role that will be based in Helsinki, Finland or a remote-location.
What we offer for you:
Kallan & Co is a design studio working with visionary companies and people to create the brands, products and user experiences of the future. With Kallan & Co, you will work on international projects as part of an international team of brand and UX designers, strategists and a wide network of freelancers. We are one team, spread over multiple time-zones.
Our broad reach gives us wider cultural perspectives and a unique approach to each and every project. Our working methods are unique, based on high-fidelity prototyping and collaboration.
Kallan & Co is a digital-first company, with a global track record of creating digital brands and products. Our client base ranges from small boutique start-ups to global stock-listed companies around the globe.
Our people tend to enjoy working at Kallan & Co and our staff come here to stay. Our culture is easy-going and we have a low level of hierarchy. We all share a love for nature, and you will find most of the Kallan team running, biking, skiing or surfing in their freetime. Our longing for freedom also makes us value work-life balance.
When the pandemic ends, we have a beautiful new office space in the design district of Helsinki.
What we expect from you:
- A solid, compelling portfolio showing your brand and identity design work and/or related work references
- 5+ years of related professional experience
- Strong brand/identity design and typographic skills, craftsmanship level of attention to the details, and understanding of design trends
- Ability to effectively communicate and present conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Understanding of digital design, including web design and UI design
- A highly collaborative, humble nature
- Curiosity and drive to create new things with new methods
- Highly motivated and proactive attitude and work ethic
- If you will be working fully remote, you should be able to work at least some hours during the normal working hours in Finland (UTC+2)
Bonus skills we appreciate:
- Figma knowledge
- UI and UX design capabilities
- Motion graphics capabilities
- Experience from design systems
- Illustration or 3D skills
For further information please contact Hannu Koho, email@example.com.