As the leading supplier of integrated solutions for healthcare providers in the Nordics, we have years of experience in digitalizing the industry. With us you will directly influence patients’ lives, and the whole society, through healthcare information technology and our Lifecare portfolio. In Tieto we deliver some of the world’s most critical IT.
We are now looking for a Design Lead to work on our Lifecare portfolio renewing the healthcare in Nordics. Join us and make a difference on society by optimizing healthcare and people’s life!
General requirements and responsibilities
Design Lead is a critical part of our product management function. Our Lifecare portfolio consists of product families, headed by product managers and product owners, and it includes highly competitive solutions for example for care documentation, medication, imaging and dental care. Your mission is to further develop our design strategy, vision, principles, processes and standards and ensure they are applied to all product and service development and operations.
As the Design Lead, your role is to
- be a thought leader on UX design and usability on the whole organization.
- lead design team(s) and the usability design
- advocate design practice and processes as part of the organization’s total value stream. Your passion is to deliver customer value based on great user experience through-out the journey of our products and services.
- own and prioritize the design team backlog with input from road map, business strategies and objectives.
- make sure that the processes related to design activities run smoothly and adhere to the overall design principles and practices.
- support product owners in their idea validation process and roadmap and release planning, participate in concept design at high level, give insights to the future of user experience in the specific domain.
- manage the interaction between product management and other functions such as product development, product services and sales.
- take care of the communication, planning, briefing and quality issues concerning design activities.
You will actively follow market and technology trends and turn possibilities into excellent solutions in our products and services. You will be identifying, defining and prioritizing actions that create optimal business value by exceeding the expectations of our customers.
Your profile and background
Based on your extensive design experience, deep user and customer insights, understanding of business goals and technical capabilities, you will support our product families to develop products and services that enable our customers to realize new opportunities in their business transformation.
You have aspiration to deliver customer value with high quality and you have experience in developing organizations’ processes and workflows with the help of IT. You know by heart modern design principles, technology and product development, and you are eager to follow newest tech trends and expectations and opportunities. You have experience in globally distributed design and development setup. It’s an advantage if you know healthcare industry and healthcare IT systems.
You have strong organizational skills, including ability to manage and prioritize multiple competing initiatives. You can effectively engage and persuade all levels of the organization, from staff level to senior management levels. You have a demonstrated ability to drive and deliver results, strong analytical abilities and decision-making capabilities. As a person you are an engaged and open-minded team player with excellent written and oral communication skills in both Finnish and in English. You are proactive and self-motivated in your work, and you have the confidence to take the responsibility. You value accountability highly in yourself and in others.
What we can offer you
We offer you a stimulating environment where we every day strive to build the best possible IT solution there is, for future healthcare. Join us in the arena of healthcare IT with many possibilities and many internal career and development opportunities. We learn and grow every day and are truly motivated to help the healthcare sector!
Did we get you inspired? We look forward to hearing from you! Please send us your application through Tieto Open Jobs as soon as possible, but latest by May 1st, we will evaluate candidates continuously. For additional information please contact hiring manager Merja Teerimäki at firstname.lastname@example.org