We’re looking for an UIUX Designer to join us! In this role you will define the strategy, lead the build and implementation of Lowkey’s design system. Working closely with your own cross-functional squad, you will adapt a system to the current and evolving product needs. With an eye on accessibility you will work with your engineering partners to create Chat, Video and Interactive features that support the wide range of uses across the Lowkey ecosystem. You will lead the creation and implementimentation of resources, tools and documentation that supports the design system. You will be responsible for building and maintaining cross functional relationships across the company and evangelizing the adoption of the system throughout the app.
What you’ll work on daily
- Define and lead the implementation of Lowkey’s design system and visual language (including typography, color, iconography and componentry)
- Create processes and pathways for Designers and Engineers to contribute to the design system
- Define strategic vision for accessibility and age-up design practices as supported by the design system
- Work with Product Designers to iterate and create new components and styles across Lowkey
- Evangelize and empower teams across the company to adopt and contribute to the design system
- Work closely with the Engineering team to build and execute on a strategic roadmap for design systems
- Document and centralize resources for the design system
Things we look for
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suites (Adobe XD) frameworks and fundamentals. We don’t expect you to be an expert, and everyone has their specialties, but the more you’re comfortable with (or want to learn!), the faster we can move.
- Ability to define and lead design independently in cross-functional team
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of typography, iconography, color and dynamic type
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail
- Experience working with Product and Engineering teams
- Fundamental knowledge of end to end design process and an understanding of UX principles
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends and standards
- Nice to have: ability to write HTML/CSS/JSX React Component
- An opportunity to shape how we communicate with our friends.
- A collaborative culture where growth from within is encouraged
- A fast-paced, thrilling working environment.
- Flexible work hours
- Trust and autonomy to work on what you see fit and essential.
- Competitive salary & equity compensation
- Awesome teammates!