At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive.
We believe diversity drives business success and is the foundation for our growth. We welcome different backgrounds and skills that enrich our community and we promote a place where we can ALL be ourselves. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Material handling industry stands on the brink of technological revolution that will blur the lines between physical and digital spheres. We can already see today how emerging technologies like AI, advanced wireless networks or fully autonomous vehicles, disrupt our thinking on what is possible and what is not. Konecranes has approximately 600,000 devices on its maintenance books and 20,000 of these are remotely monitored, providing a constant flow of data to the customer portal for analysis. Our digital solutions are not pilots or MVPs, they are already full-blown global implementations that we are developing further.
We’re fascinated by the opportunities digitalization offers to our core business, internal operations and exploring new digital growth – and so are our customers in industries like automotive, general manufacturing, ports and terminals. If you feel you share our passion, then you could be our new team member in our Digital Experience and Business Design team as a Service Designer!
For this role we are looking for a self-driven and motivated professional who will focus on analysing customer and user experiences to guide us in defining the right directions for developing Konecranes digital services and boosting customer satisfaction. As our Service Designer you will work in close co-operation with digital development teams and stakeholders from all our Business Areas.
• Managing customer and stakeholder interviews
• Mapping customer journeys, exploring pain points and validating the root of the problems
• Analysing related data and sharing your findings and ideas about new business opportunities
• Leading concepting and early validation of designs by testing assumptions and prototypes
• Observing and measuring the usage of launched products
• Contributing to the activities related to the group level customer experience (CX) development and expansion of digital offeringWhy to join our team
Being part of our DX and Business Design team you will develop your career in a truly international and multicultural working environment. Our design philosophy merges design thinking to lean startup principles and links qualitative customer insights into business analysis. As the service development process is highly driven by CX, in this role you will have the opportunity to make a deep impact on Konecranes digital services.
Learn more about Konecranes as an employer and what your future colleagues have to say by checking career stories in Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AklPBQd_p0I or our site www.konecranes.com in Careers: Meet our people.What should you bring
As this role is much about analytic, strategic and creative thinking, it’s crucial that you have an outstanding ability to synthesise complex information, structure it to a coherent picture as well as to communicate research results in a clear and understandable way. You may be a senior service design professional or at an early stage of your career with just a few years of experience in service design, but it’s crucial that this experience has unravelled your passion for delivering digital service concepts, storyboards, user journeys, wireframes and prototypes.
• Graduate degree and 3+ years of work experience in service design field, preferably in design consultancy, industrial or other B2B sector. Ideally, you have a solid background in planning and conducting customer research and running collaborative workshop activities to define customer and user experiences.
• Expertise in design thinking and human-centered design
• Hands on customer journey mapping experience in B2B environment
• Fluency in spoken and written English (Finnish skills is a plus but not mandatory)
• Knowledge of Adobe CC, relevant for service design methodology
Your will enjoy yourself in the role of Service Designer if you are willing to work in an agile environment and to develop your competency in applying state-of-the-art Service Design and in using Design Research methodologies in practice.
Please submit your application via Apply -link below by 26th of February, at latest. We appreciate early applications.
For further information about the role, please contact Jussi Eskelinen, Manager, DX and Business Design by e-mail jussi.eskelinen(at)konecranes.com.
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 18,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. Konecranes is committed to ensuring that all employees and job applicants are treated fairly in an environment which is free from any form of discrimination.