We’re looking for a new full-time intermediate/senior UX & UI Designer to join our team of designers and developers in Helsinki who are passionate about creating meaningful digital experiences for our clients. Simply put, we’re tired of poorly built online services, and know there’s always a better way to do things. We’re often challenging existing ideas and conventions, and are eager to create new digital tools that stand out from the crowd. Your role will be essential in this.
Our multinational team has a mixture of different cultures and we pride ourselves in having a team with all kinds of backgrounds. We’re outgoing, sarcastic, honest and always eager to keep learning. Hopefully, you are too. We like working closely together and always rely and learn from one another, so you’re never going to be stuck alone with a challenge or a project.
Designing user flows, wireframes and visually captivating interfaces for websites, online stores and applications should be your bread and butter. We place great importance on UX, usability and accessibility, so hopefully you find these important as well.
Most of our projects are custom-made WordPress websites, WooCommerce stores and various different Web Applications. You can check out our previous and some ongoing projects on the Pixels website.
We’d like you to recognise yourself from this description:
- Bringing simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design projects
- Proficiency in visual design and wireframing tools (i.e. Sketch, Adobe XD or Figma)
- Executing all design stages for digital projects, including workshops, user flows, wireframes, visual layouts and prototypes
- User / usability testing (with prototypes)
- Project management and leading projects
- Presenting your work to clients
- Speaking technical language and collaborating with developers
- Good time & task management skills
- Fluent in English, Finnish is a big plus
We’d really appreciate if you also have some of these qualities:
- Building design systems
- Familiarity with WordPress (CMS)
- Understanding of development (HTML, CSS, JS etc)
- Animation skills (CSS)
- Knowledge on accessibility requirements (WCAG 2.1)
If you’re still reading, you might be just what we’re looking for! In addition to interesting projects and arguably the best colleagues in the world, we also offer a variety of perks for our awesome team members.
Here are some of the things you’ll get to enjoy:
- Freedom to shape and develop your own role
- Possibility to join in as a partner and shareholder
- Cool office space in Kamppi
- A super friendly environment and colleagues who will grow to be your extended family (it’s true!)
- A training fund which allows you to keep learning and go to cool events & seminars
- Flexible work times and remote working
- Healthcare through Heltti
- Smartum culture & exercise benefits
- Monthly team lunches
- Company trips and team-building events on a regular basis
For more information, please get in touch with Thomas at email@example.com or +358 44 704 4440.
Note: We’re not looking to relocate anyone from abroad for this position, so you should already be living in Finland. We not interested in getting offers for outsourcing. If you’re a junior level designer, send us an open application to firstname.lastname@example.org.