Lead Product Designer
Are you proud of your proficiency and anxious to have an opportunity to work within innovative product development? Do you appreciate ambitious goals and want to achieve them together with your colleagues? Or maybe you long for a chance to broaden your know-how and take more responsibility within the field of your expertise?
We are currently strengthening our product development unit which develops a brand-new product that renovates our customers’ Digital Service Lifecycle Management systems in the cloud where 5G, machine learning and AI plays a significant role. As part of this unit of product and UX designers, architects, software and UI developers, DevOps and test engineers you’ll have a chance to make a true impact on our customers’ every day working life.
This job in a nutshell
We are looking to hire skilled Product Design Lead to own and drive our new solutions design work in Helsinki. Our solution drives to improve usability and efficiency of work across the different product domains and business groups and as a Product Design Lead your job is to make sure that we are doing the right things at the right time and that nothing is forgotten on the route to realizing our market disrupting vision.
Do you have what it takes?
We hope you will be able to strengthen us by bringing deep knowledge of running complex programs involving stakeholders from multiple organizations across Nokia as well as partners.
Who we are
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our R&D teams continue to invent and accelerate modern technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the Product and UX design for a software product suite and key role in influencing product strategies from user experience point of view
- Responsibility of the design process from understanding users’ needs and product requirements, creating the product concept and UX design, all the way to honing the user interface design and details with the product development team
- Interacting with customers and users and working with the product management, product owners, technical architects and software developers for successful product releases
- Working with other Product and UX designers in evolving common design language and practices
- Coach and provide guidance to peers in Product and UX design
Here’s what we are expecting of you:
- True passion for a great user experience
- Minimum 5 years of product design experience, preferably from complex products and services
- Experience on leading design projects and/or teams
- Experience on conceptualizing needs and demands into relevant design solutions and innovating with design thinking
- Experience on user research (e.g. interviews, observations, workshops)
- Experience on designing for professional users (B2B products)
- Great skills to design user journeys, product concepts and user interactions (e.g. conceptual design, use scenarios, interaction design, prototyping, wireframing, information architecture, visualization)
- Ability to drive product design efforts in organization, communicate design rationale and collaborate with various stakeholders
- Strong design portfolio of your best work to demonstrate your ability to lead design projects and solve design problems for different kinds of products and projects
- Academic degree in a relevant field (such as HCI, design, or technology)
- Solid communication skills in English
We would love if you had:
- Experience in the telecommunications sector
- Experience in Adobe design tools
- Experience in working with software development and in web application development using agile methods