Sampling and Production- Accessories
Samuji is looking for a motivated and skilled Accessories Developer to join its Helsinki Studio. Reporting directly to the CEO, Accessories Developer works closely with the design, sampling, production and wholesale teams and is mainly responsible for overseeing the process from raw materials to the creation of samples followed by production.
Key responsibilities include delivering samples from design sketch, creating tech packs with precise accuracy, interact on daily basis with manufacturers to solve all issues related to accessories engineering in order to deliver all the samples on tight deadlines.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious professional to join a rapidly growing organization. The suitable candidate will possess a naturally positive, proactive and enthusiastic attitude, as well as excellent communication, relationships building, and multi-tasking skills.
- To assist in the entire development process from design through to final prototypes, salesman samples, show pieces and lookbook samples
- Interpreting the Designer’s concept into a technical package with complete information regarding accessories specifications and construction according to the brand standards
- Ensures specs are clearly communicated to manufactures within the calendar deadlines
- Direct execution of fit and quality from development throughout the production
- Maintaining the development boards
- Building and maintaining factory and supplier relations
- Maintaining material and trim library and sourcing
- All shipments tracking and shipping
- Managing accessories archive
- Trouble-shoot potential production issues to resolve before samples are made, for aesthetic and cost purposes.
- Manages workload and multiple projects based on calendar due dates and production deadlines
- Relevant fashion degree
- At least two years experience in Accessories Sampling and Production, preferably in the luxury goods sector
- Experience in interpreting design sketches into tech packs
- An understanding of the material and fabric types and technology
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and experienced in proactive problem-solving
- A keen sense of urgency
- Accessory Design skills are very desirable but not a must
- Fluency in English required, other languages (Italian in particular) beneficial but not a requirement
- Proficient in Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Word, Excel, Google Docs.
- Must be willing to travel
Samuji is a rapidly growing fashion and design company – founded in Helsinki in November 2009.
Our work focuses on design and consulting, and is based on the values we hold dear in everyday life: a love of necessary things, simple functionality, and kindness. Our ambition is to produce a timeless and sustainable design that serves a purpose yet carries a story.
The first Samuji womenswear collection was launched in 2011. All items are crafted out of quality materials from European and Japanese suppliers and produced in Europe by carefully selected factories. The lines are sold in our own stores in Helsinki, New York and through a rapidly growing network of carefully selected stockiest across four continents and sixteen countries.