At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry’s only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
About Nokia Software
Nokia Software is the leading solutions provider in the telecoms software market helping to drive large-scale service and network operations automation and digital business transformation in support of customer migrations to 5G. Built on Nokia’s cloud-native Common Software Foundation (CSF), Nokia’s multi-vendor and multi-network software solutions enrich and secure user experiences; automate operations and infrastructure; and enable new revenue streams and cost efficiencies.
Are you proud of your proficiency and anxious to have an opportunity to work within innovative software systems and product creation? Do you appreciate ambitious goals and want to achieve them together with your colleagues? We are strengthening our product design team which works at the intersections of creative problem-solving, human-centric solutioning and latest technologies to create unique and valuable products that make a true impact on our customers’ every day working life.
Nokia Software Product Design team is a center of excellence for human-centric design. We work in collaboration with product management to delight our customers with unique and valuable software solutions that improve productivity and experience of work across business domains. Product Design comprises the creation and development of creative design concepts and specifications that optimize the value, experience, function, behavior, cognitive ergonomics and appearance of products and systems.
We welcome innovative Senior Product Designer to join our full-time staff. This position is well suited for experienced designers with several years of work experience, who contribute to the design leadership and diversity of thought via interdisciplinary teamwork and whose passion, dedication and commitment for high-quality product experiences make them instrumental to game-changing assignments. Senior Product Designer promotes the Nokia brand by creating unique and valuable software product solutions to solve specific problems for particular target groups and market segments, and ensures final designs meet customer needs, and business, quality and cost goals. Contributes to design, analysis, documentation and testing of product and solution concepts, designs and details, as well as plans, designs, tests and develops functional design operations and processes.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Interprets internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes and services
- Uses human-centric design with sophisticated analytical thought and creativity to create concepts, solutions and feature designs to solve specific problems for particular target groups and market segments
- Contributes to strategic decisions within product domain and portfolio
- Contributes to development of processes and practices to determine professional direction of product design
- Supports industry, market, customer and user research and testing activities
- Leads virtual teams or projects with moderate requirements, risks and complexity, including day-to-day staff and resource management and allocation of work
- Communicates designs, insights and recommendations to stakeholders
- Authors internal and external reports and white papers in collaboration with subject matter experts
- Change agent willing to make a difference by innovating in the process
- Outcome-oriented problem solving, exercised with creative confidence
- Creative thinking, facilitation and consulting skills with customer empathy
- Attention to detail and a collaborative and continuous improvement mindset
- Interpersonal communication making the most of visual, written and oral skills
- Interest in tutoring, coaching and mentoring others
- Is recognized as an expert within human-centric design
- Degree in Design or demonstrable equivalent skillset
- Expertise in Human Centered practices
- Design skills addressing design research and creative solutioning, including the use of relevant methodologies, tools and creation of design artefacts
- User of commonplace design and office productivity tools such as Adobe Cloud and Office 365, or similar suites
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.