At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry’s only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
About Nokia Software
Nokia Software is the leading solutions provider in the telecoms software market helping to drive large-scale service and network operations automation and digital business transformation in support of customer migrations to 5G. Built on Nokia’s cloud-native Common Software Foundation (CSF), Nokia’s multi-vendor and multi-network software solutions enrich and secure user experiences; automate operations and infrastructure; and enable new revenue streams and cost efficiencies.
Are you hungry for an opportunity to work within innovative software systems and product creation? Do you appreciate ambitious goals and want to achieve them together with your colleagues? We are strengthening our product design team which works at the intersections of creative problem-solving, human-centric solutioning and latest technologies to create unique and valuable products that make a true impact on our customers’ every day working life.
Nokia Software Product Design team is a center of excellence for human-centric design. We work in collaboration with product management to delight our customers with unique and valuable software solutions that improve productivity and experience of work across business domains. Product Design comprises the creation and development of creative design concepts and specifications that optimize the value, experience, function, behavior, cognitive ergonomics and appearance of products and systems.
We welcome a Service Designer to join our full-time staff. This position is well suited for designers with few years of work experience, who actively contribute to the diversity of thought that comes with interdisciplinary teamwork and whose passion for high-quality product experiences make them instrumental to game-changing assignments. Service Designer contributes to design, analysis, documentation and testing of product and solution concepts, designs, details and related services. Service Designer works as part of an interdisciplinary team to promote Nokia brand by creating unique and valuable software product solutions with related services to solve specific problems for particular target groups and market segments.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Uses human-centric design to create personas, journeys, blueprints, concepts, solutions and feature designs to solve specific problems for particular target groups and market segments as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Contributes to customer and user research and testing activities
- Contributes to design solutioning within product domain
- Communicates designs, insights and recommendations to peers and stakeholders
- Develops internal and external communications materials and presentations
- Supports development of design tools, processes and practices
- Autonomously performs tasks with a moderate level of guidance and within guidelines and policies
- Analyses factual information and possible solutions, makes independent judgments, decisions and recommendations and solves a range of straightforward problems through knowledge and professional experience
- Supports transfer of concepts for professional direction into actionable measures
- Provides informal guidance and support to new team members with regard to the procedures to follow and the specific tasks required to perform the job effectively
- Outcome-oriented problem solving, exercised with creative confidence
- Creative thinking and facilitation with empathy
- Attention to detail and a collaborative and continuous improvement mindset
- Interpersonal communication making the most of visual, written and oral skills
- Degree in Design or demonstrable equivalent skillset
- Expertise in Human Centered practices
- Design skills addressing design research and creative solutioning, including the use of relevant methodologies, tools and creation of design artefacts
- User of commonplace design and office productivity tools such as Adobe Cloud and Office 365, or similar suites
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.