Small teams of Supercellians are constantly developing new games and working together to bring their concepts to life. Small teams allow us to build, break and shift quickly, but also require that everyone on the team fill multiple roles. One of our new projects is now looking for an artist who can both do concepting but also execute and produce graphics and assets her-/himself in 3D.
We are not looking for just any artist, but we’re looking for a Game Artist that loves, plays, lives and breaths games. You will be surrounded by people who will help you become a better game developer each day, inspire you and push you to break mobile games as we know them today. And you will also do the same to the people you are working with.
During the years at Supercell, at times you might be working also on an existing IP but whatever it is you are working on, you’ll own it. You enjoy working as part of a team, but have a proactive approach with a hunger to take responsibility on an individual level. Our teams are small and agile, and we strongly believe in the creative freedom of an artist. As a game artist at Supercell, you will be responsible for the visual style, design, UI and the overall look of the game you are working on.
- Working on the development of a visual style, design and overall look of the project
- Creating beautiful characters, assets and environments to be rolled out into the game
- Developing visual concepts and ideas, as well as just generally creating 3D, 2D and/or UI art for mobile games
- Getting involved in the look and feel of further projects including animation, community and marketing
- Supporting team in game design, working closely with programmers, community and everyone else on a tightly knit game team
- Capability to independently create concept sketches as well as a variety of production quality, Supercell style, 3D art
- Proven experience with 3D software e.g. Maya / 3DS Max
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Flash
- Pride and responsibility in your work when given the freedom to work independently
- Modesty and respect when receiving feedback from your team
- Appreciation and understanding of User Interface design
- Previous experience in game development and game art
If you are still reading this and we’ve managed to spark your interest, put together a resume and send over some of your previous work. You don’t need to tell us how good you are, your work should speak for itself. We’d be happy to have you join our talented team, and have you work together with the creators of e.g. P.E.K.K.A, Greg, Shelly, the Lava Hound and the Boom Beach archipelago. See some of the art done by Supercellians here.
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we’ve released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we’ve killed dozens along the way. That’s because we’re obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
You might love it here…
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We’re made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people – providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.
This position is in Finland, but you’re not?
Luckily, moving to Finland is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end. We’re here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you’re bringing along.