Oyama is a healthcare technology company on a journey to prevent depression. We are creating an evidence-based self-care app with personalized self-care recommendations. As a UI/UX Designer at Oyama, you will be working with our world-class experts in the field with developing the next global success story in the health & wellness category. We are currently, working intensely on a new mobile app focused on social support, in the midst of a historical period in time, the COVID-19 pandemic.
About the job
As a UI/UX Designer, you will be working on the next major update of Oyama together with our highly ambitious, compassionate and transparent team. You will work directly with and have equal say as the founders.
We are currently designing a new pedagogical experience for learning everyday mental health tools directly on your mobile. We wish to deliver our first native mobile app focusing on social support as soon as possible in the midst of a historical time period, the COVID-19 pandemic.
We recently got accepted to the Impact StartUp accelerator in Malmö, so you have the opportunity to spend time around the Nordics as part of the program.
Here’s What You’ll Do
- Conduct UX research on our customers and committed test users
- Design a beautiful app interface and experience and http://getoyama.com together with the rest of our product team
- Taking part in setting our brand identity
- Designing brand/product elements (illustrations/animations, characters, buttons, icons, infographics, etc.) together with our talented graphical artist
- Buildingvisual guidelines for implementing your design
Here’s What We’re Looking For
- Several years of experience in UI/UX Design
- Experience in UX research and ideally Product Management with the aptitude to pick up either as required;
- Previous experience working in a startup or similar highly demanding environment. We will consider either previous work experience or personal projects.
- A genuine drive to have a direct impact on people’s mental health and wellbeing
- Strong communication skills (preferably with experience of remote teams & partners across time zones)
- Fluent in English
What We Offer You
- High ownership of your work in a flat organization,
- Meaningful work that has a real-life impact on youths’ mental well-being,
- Flexible working hours and lots of freedom in your work habits.
- A genuine, compassionate, ambitious, and transparent organizational culture,
- Free mental health and personal development advice,
- Off-site days around the Nordics to enjoy the beautiful Nordic wilderness
What are the next steps?
Apply by providing us at the end of this application:
- a short text regarding your motivation for this position
- your resume and/or portfolio showcasing previous work
Then, we’ll get back to you regarding the next steps:
Step 1: Get to know one another
Step 2: Show your skills (Design case interview)
Step 3: Culture-fit interview