At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry’s only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
About Mobile Networks
In Mobile Networks our goal is to be a leader in 5G and provide the best value to our customers as they evolve their networks. We continue to develop our 5G portfolio according to the latest 3GPP specifications. With more than 2,100 patent families essential for 5G, we are proud of the number of industry firsts that we have completed on the path to 5G commercialization. Nokia is also the only end-to-end mobile network vendor working with the major operators around the world.
The Nokia AirFrame Data Center Manager (NADCM) application development team is looking for a UX designer.
Our team is fully responsible of all NADCM development related tasks, from specification to last test cases.
You’ll participate in developing the NADCM SW product and especially you would promote and develop user-centric experience for Nokia AirFrame Data Center Manager application customers. You would also contribute to forming the technical solution, as well as to development of SW implementation methods and processes. NADCM R&D is using some of latest technologies for product development, like microservice container-based architecture, state of the art UI frameworks and is having automated CI system and getting ready for DevOps approach.
You’ll be part of the team having end-to-end responsibility on all phases of feature development, have the autonomy to find the best ways in reaching the team targets, and possibility to experience the whole product development lifecycle, with different tools and equipment at your hand.
- Promote and develop user-centric design principles and methodologies
- Design user interfaces, interactions and functionalities that fulfill feature specifications and customer requirements
- Implement UI features and give input for verification.
- Execute design and implementation with security mind set
- Solve complex problems in own technology area
- Coach other team members
- May undertake technical training responsibilities
- Master or Bachelor degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Software Technology or equivalent education
- UI/UX design experience
- UI/UX development experience, example with Angular and Type Script
- Experience working in Linux, Git environment
- Good command of English (both written and spoken)
- Experience with TDD/refactoring/simple design and other XP practices
- Working experience with containers, like Docker, Kubernetes, Helm etc.
- Knowledge of SW development process and lifecycle
- Good team player, accountable
- Good communication skills in multicultural environment
- Disciplined and focused on details
- Ability and willingness to work and learn independently
- Able to manage priorities and follow direction appropriately
- Basic agile mindset
- Proactive, creative and flexible
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.