Vaisala has been predicting the unpredictable for over 80 years. We are a global leader in weather and industrial measurements, and our technologies can be found in demanding environments from hospitals, national parks and data centers to airports and wind farms all over the world– and beyond! We offer you a career with a clear purpose and a chance to create observations for a better world.
Innovation is at the heart of our company and we believe in developing cutting-edge technology. With our 1,800 professionals worldwide we intend to stay on top of our game and this is where you come in.
Your key responsibilities include
• Concept development: You are a key team member in the multidisciplinary team (e.g. business, technology, and UX) that sets the goal for the product development project. You bring in the user-centered design expertise and design-thinking mindset to the team. You also help the team in validating the product ideas with the customers.
• Product development: You are responsible for planning, conducting, and managing the user interface design of the product development projects that you participate in. The design work follows the principles of user-centered design. The work will also include user research and usability evaluation activities. The focus of the design work is on software user interfaces (e.g. web and mobile user interfaces). Based on your skills and interests, the work can be extended to include some industrial design work as well.
• Design system and work practices: In addition to the product development work you will participate in the development of Vaisala’s design system. Your contribution to the development of the UX design work practices, tools, and processes is also important and appreciated.
• Design thinking and inspiration: You are a positive firestarter. You bring curiosity, energy, and design thinking into the teams you work with.
Who we are looking for
• Solid experience in user-centered software user interface design
• Designer’s mindset and good understanding of the role of user-centered design in the product development work
• Excellent project management and facilitation skills
• Knowledge in data-driven design is an asset but not mandatory.
• Visual design skills and knowledge of the modern front-end development technologies, and/or interest in industrial design are assets but not mandatory.For further information please contact Design Manager Sauli Laitinen, +358 50 534 3164, email@example.com.
Please submit your application with salary request and CV by January 19th by completing the online application form. Include your portfolio or link to it in the application if possible.