VTT is a visionary research, development and innovation partner. We drive sustainable growth and tackle the biggest global challenges of our time and turn them into growth opportunities. We go beyond the obvious to help the society and companies to grow through technological innovations. We have over 75 years of experience of top-level research and science-based results. VTT´s turnover and other operating income is 258 M€. VTT is at the sweet spot where innovation and business come together.
VTT – beyond the obvious. www.vttresearch.com
We are establishing a new VTT Design studio within our Commercial Operations organization to bring human-centric design tools, skills and culture to the VTT organization. The VTT Design team will contribute to VTT’s success in the following ways
- Design in Research. Working alongside researchers, using design methods and tools to make sure VTT innovations address real human needs, rapidly co-creating and testing innovative solutions with real customers and users
- VTT Customer Experience. Applying service design to ensure our direct customers’ needs are met in the best possible way. Helping VTT be truly customer-centric.
- Design Culture. Driving awareness and appreciation for design across VTT. Enabling VTTers to use design tools and methods independently in their own work
VTT Design is now looking for three designers at different seniority levels
- Senior Designer
- Designers or Junior Designers
Do you have a passion for service design? Do you also have another related craft skill such as interaction design, visual design or prototyping? Do you want to have a job with real purpose? Do you want to help create a more sustainable future? Do you want to use your design skills to solve the biggest global problems? Are you audacious enough to believe you can change the world? If you find yourself answering ‘Yes’ to these questions, please read on!
With us you will be responsible for
You will take a key role within the new VTT Design studio. You will help us shape our vision, craft, our ways of working and our culture.
Concretely you will
- Work within the delivery of design projects
- Act as a key member of the VTT Design team, proactively helping us build our craft, culture and impact
Additionally, the Senior Designer will
- Contribute to defining scope, brief, approach and plan for design projects
- Take full ownership of specific activities and phases of the design project
- Proactively coach and support more junior designers
- Ensure a high quality of work within the team
We expect you to have
- Relevant experience from within a professional design studio environment and track record of working on within service design projects, customer experience projects and design-led innovation projects
- We expect you to be strong in service design (or if Junior then curious and willing to learn) and be strong in at least one other craft area such as interaction design, visual design, prototyping
- Ideally, you may also have some additional craft skill such as video production, photography, physical prototyping etc.
- We also expect the Senior Designer to have experience of leading activities within design projects, including coaching and mentoring more junior team members
- We of course expect candidates for the Senior Designer position to have a stronger track record and longer experience compared to the more junior positions, having at least 4 years relevant experience, versus at least 2 years for the Designer position
- We anticipate Junior Designer applicants to have less experience and welcome applications from recent graduates with relevant education
- Please provide your portfolio when applying
As a person you are
- Purpose driven. You understand and buy-into VTT’s vision, mission and the impact we can have
- Able to relate to and collaborate with a wide range of personality types and skillsets from around VTT
- Highly emotional intelligent, able to promote psychological safety within the team
- Energetic and proactive
- Brave with a buoyant, positive attitude
- A clear communicator
For further information
For more information about the position, please contact Niall Shakeshaft, Vice President, Head of Design, +358 40 631 3940 during the following time slots: Wednesday 16th January 9.00-10.00, Monday 21st January 15:00-16:00.