At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
This is a role where you will drive user experience insights for our Premium Features squad. You will be directly responsible for researching/troubleshooting user experience, and translating your findings into wireframes, prototypes and actionable designs. In this position, you will be entrusted to validate a user’s choice to upgrade to a Premium account. As such, you will play a major role in designing the user’s learning journey and impact the future musicians of tomorrow.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with product managers, music educators, developers and other team members to create a consistent user experience across different parts of the application.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research that addresses user behavior and attitudes.
- Drive the full design process from ideation to final market-ready UI.
- Revise and iterate on designs based on usability testing, A/B testing and user feedback.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 5+ years of digital product design experience.
- You have experience in using structured thinking to craft solutions, and a deep understanding of simple, mobile-first, and responsive design.
- Experience distilling complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for mobile platforms.
- Strong sense of aesthetics and a passion for staying on top of digital trends.
- You’re fluent with Sketch and a preference will be given to designers that have experience with Zeplin, Abstract, and usertesting.com.
- You’re a clear and effective communicator.
WHAT WE OFFER
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece, Thailand, Tenerife and Bali work-retreats.
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating. Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ’World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!