Creative Brand Project Manager / Marimekko
Marimekko is a Finnish lifestyle design company renowned for its original prints and colors. The company’s product portfolio includes high-quality clothing, bags and accessories as well as home décor items ranging from textiles to tableware. When Marimekko was founded in 1951, its unparalleled printed fabrics gave it a strong and unique identity. In 2022, the company’s net sales were EUR 167 million and comparable operating profit totaled EUR 30.4 million. Globally, there are roughly 150 Marimekko stores, and online store serves customers in 35 countries. The key markets are Northern Europe, the Asia-Pacific region and North America. The Group employs about 460 people. The company’s share is quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. www.marimekko.com
We are looking for an organized and energetic
CREATIVE BRAND PROJECT MANAGER
to join our dynamic Creative Brand Projects team at Marimekko´s HQ in Helsinki.
The Creative Brand Projects team is responsible for Marimekko’s global brand collaborations and key brand projects such as global design/fashion week events and exhibitions. As a part of the Global Brand Communications and Marketing department, the Creative Brand Projects team works in close collaboration with many company functions including design, sales, corporate communications, and the Innovation Works function.
As our Creative Brand Project Manager, you will play an essential role in simultaneously managing various creative brand marketing projects where the aim is to increase Marimekko´s global brand awareness and brand value.
This is a full-time, fixed-term position from June 2023 to June 2024 in which you report to our Head of Creative Marketing Projects.
- Project management for key creative brand marketing projects taken on by the team, including global brand collaborations
- Project management for key global events such as Copenhagen Fashion Week and Milan Design Week, as well as art exhibition projects
- Supporting in the execution of other creative cross-functional projects
In order to succeed in the role, you have:
- 5+ years of professional experience in project management and marketing
- Experience from a relevant Project Manager role is a must
- Excellent organizational skills, an eye for detail and ability to perform under pressure
- Fluency In English and both verbal and written
- Excellent communication skills in the languages mentioned above
- A positive can-do and team player attitude
- A commercial mindset
- A passion for following the latest trends within the international design and fashion industry
- An ability to lead projects in an organized and positive manner, keeping to budget
At Marimekko we encourage people to be themselves and value diversity. We believe in fairness and doing things together, using common sense and finding joy in our work. If you connect with these values and have the right background, we might be able to offer you a unique opportunity to work in an exciting, international environment with one of the most iconic lifestyle brands.
If all this sparks your interest and you feel like you are the one we are looking for, please send your application including your CV and cover letter with salary expectation via our career site at http://company.marimekko.com/careers. We will start the interviews already during the application period so please, let us hear from you as soon as possible but no later than on 19.05.2023.
Marimekko’s culture and working environment are founded on equality, inclusion and cherishing diversity. Marimekko welcomes and encourages everyone regardless of their national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion or other personal characteristic to apply. Recruitment is always based on business need, and the candidates are evaluated on relevant knowledge, skills and experience as well as motivation.
Marimekko is ranked as the Most Attractive Employer (1st) in Finland amongst business professionals according to Universum’s ranking. Marimekko is also the 2nd most attractive employer in Finland amongst business students. Read more about the Universum’s ranking on their website.