Design Director / Finnair
Our goal is to be an international winning team, ensuring Finnair’s successful future. Our values – commitment to care, simplicity, courage and together – guide our actions. As an employer, Finnair is one of the best. We deal with an unprejudiced manner towards future possibilities. We have fun at work. We care about each other, help each other and respect each other.
The Finnair Brand, Design and Content team is the home of the iconic Finnair brand, its strategic management & development, all concepts, assets and brand guidelines, design (conceptual, UX and UI), and content in our digital channels. The Design team owns the design of Finnair’s digital platform and of our digital customer experience. We design and bring to life Finnair.com and all our booking and customer services, the Finnair mobile app, and our in-flight entertainment services.
We are now looking fora
To lead, manage and develop the growing Finnair Design Team as well as to mentor and guide external designers working for Finnair. In this role, you will take ownership of design, reflecting our refreshed global brand guidelines. You will develop our design operations, with strong focus on improving workflow efficiency through clear processes and ways of working.
In This Role, You Will
- Act as the manager and competence lead for all design professionals (Principal Designer, Lead Designers and Senior Designers) in a Design team that is currently growing
- Build a strong, efficient design team with clear ways of working
- Be responsible for creative direction and customer centricity in design and service development, reflecting our refreshed brand guidelines
- Develop design practices, standards and ways or working in the agile digital development environment together with several other stakeholder groups (e.g. Business Owners, Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Developers)
- Manage relationship and budget towards external design agencies
- People management & development skills, interest and passion for people development
- Ability to communicate effectively and to work with a well-organized, disciplined approach
- Proven track record in developing design processes/ways of working successfully
- Willingness to choose leadership as your profession, and commit to continuously developing yourself as a leader
- Proven track record in successfully leading others
- A passion for user centered design, gained in a relevant professional creative environment, with demonstrable experience design across multiple platforms and devices
- Knowledge of leading service design & user experience development, experience with agile methods
- Strong written and spoken English skills, Finnish is seen as an advantage
- Seniority Level: Director
We offer you a job on top of the world in a fast-paced environment, working with one of the most iconic brands in Finland. We offer a truly unique environment with fascinating design challenges, cutting across all areas of the business. You will join an interdisciplinary team to bring Finnair’s digital solutions for our customers to the next level.
Please apply in Workday no later than Monday May 16th. For more information, please contact Anu Rintala, Head of Brand, Design and Content, firstname.lastname@example.org