Design Director, Product & Customer Experience / Nokia Oyj
Haku auki toistaiseksi. / Applications are open until further notice.
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
Nokia Design team leads product design as well as provides a range of shared services to the rest of Nokia’s organization, including design services, service, and digital services, all focusing on human-centered experience design. The Design Director, Product & Customer Experience, is d riving the creation of user centric product or service design with human centric approach.
The focus is on driving customer satisfaction through considered products and services, portfolio innovation and business efficiency. Business awareness incorporates features into product and design for serviceability as a key driver.
Our Espoo design prototyping workshop is state-of-the-art. Close collaboration with Nokia Design studio in San Francisco.
What you will learn and contribute to
Are you passionate about solving problems?
As part of our team, you will:
Develops plans, measures effectiveness. Observe and assesses customer relationships and service levels. Can develop and implement complex and innovative product experience concepts. Problems require searching and selecting. Anticipates problems, seeks opportunities. Models creative and innovative work methods. High collegial interaction.
Independently carrying out consulting, specific functional work within a Business Unit/Business Function. Assumes broad perspective. Resolves unique and highly complex problems within own discipline. Makes decisions about own and/or project work using known solutions as basis.
Cover all product design activities from conception through the product development and in-market phase, including both the physical device and leading the design for serviceability that goes with it.
- Translate customer insights and requirements into world-class product innovations and solutions.
- Deliver the actual concept-to-product work together with product development
- Oversee that products design are implemented as planned into the market
- Act as the voice of the customer in all aspects of the product proposition and offering during the development of the product.
- Act as a trusted partner for the entire product development team as well as our external suppliers in all optimizations of content, schedule, and quality for hardware
Your skills and experience
- Minimum +10 years relevant product design experience
- Phenomenal ID, UX and Visual Design skills mpressive product making track records and leading multi-disciplinary product design activities through product concept to shipping of award-winning products.
- Deep knowledge of strategic design. Experienced leader and coach. Good in managing stakeholder relationships.
- Has world-class depth knowledge either in Product Design, User Experience and in Product Development, and demonstrated mastery of the human-centric design process.
- Can apply research & analysis to design, typically working on specific business issues and can lead these projects. Experienced in leading and building a team/sub-unit, able to coach other designers about business. Strong track record of creating and nurturing deep stakeholder relationships.
- Has provided thought leadership in the design and innovation industry, has multiple years of experience as a design strategist too. Can effectively navigate complex organizations and build consensus on large initiatives. Is comfortable presenting to and working closely with other directors and Nokia customers.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Self-starter and strategic thinker, with good critical thinking skills and problem-solving ability.
- Sufficient technology and industry understanding
- Ability to communicate crisply and clearly, at appropriate levels
- Fast learner, able to understand new technologies and process changes
- Creative and innovative in style, and flexible and able to shift strategies and tactics when required.
- Able to work effectively in a rapidly changing and demanding virtual environment across global time zones
- Able to influence others to support decisions.
- Strong results orientation and business driven mentality
- Good interpersonal skills to work as part of a team combined with ability to engage with senior leaders
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
Apply. / Hae paikkaa.