Design Director / Reaktor Creative
Reaktor Creative is a multidisciplinary agency and team of 40+ creatives, designers, strategists, developers, and producers in Helsinki and Amsterdam. We’re on a challenger’s mission: through combining brand, marketing communications and digital product into one offering — and leveraging the brain and muscle of our mothership, Reaktor — we apply a holistic and for-ward thinking perspective to customer experience.
We are looking for a hands-on Design Director or experienced and versatile Strategist, with a proven track record in winning, delivering and leading award-winning work. Do you have the ambition, mindset and set of professional tools required to help shape and grow a design practice?
During the next five years, our mission is to claim a position in the industry as an internationally recognized boutique agency and strategic partner. We’re off to a good start, working with clients such as adidas, Netflix, Carlsberg Group, Oda, QVC, Suunto, Aiven and Polestar — but there’s much more to be done to reach our true ambitions of doing the best work of our lives.
Would you like to join us on this journey?
What we’re like?
In the global context of Reaktorians, we’re part of a ∼700 strong and diverse group of some of the friendliest and most curious people you’ll ever meet. As a community, we pride ourselves on a culture that is open, respectful and empathetic. We work together in hybrid teams assembled to best solve the problem at hand, with creatives working alongside experts ranging from business consulting and product design to content and data.
From within Reaktor’s context of technology and consulting, Reaktor Creative operates at the intersection of marketing communications, brand strategy and design, and digital product and innovation. Our international team consists of T-shaped makers, each with their specialty in delivering as one team, from research and strategy articulation to identity, product, and experience design. Additionally, Reaktor experts in business design, anthropologic research, and technology fluidly complement our teams to design with more sophistication.
In the midst of our fast-paced growth, we’ve learned to keep adapting and push creative boundaries. We have found our success through experimentation and treasure it as an integral part of our philosophy. To continue growing, we believe it’s vital to always create space for new vision, and achieve to be a fertile ground of professional growth for all of our team members.
What we expect from you?
You have some accomplishments under your belt and know you’re ready for the next big challenge of your career. The thought of being part of something new and lending a hand to shape it inspires you.
You will be working as part of several teams, focusing on a range of projects and clients with an emphasis on brand design and strategy. As a leader, you carry responsibility for the team and client alike, making sure efforts are purposeful and always collaborative. You love the chase of a good pitch, communicate and inspire effectively, obsess about craft, and identify unique creative concepts with cultural relevance.
As a Design/Strategy Director, you know how to concentrate on what is essential at any given moment, and can guide others in doing the same. You are able to ask the right questions to understand the client’s position and problems, and come up with solutions that benefit all parties – while maintaining creative vision from pitch to delivery. Even with your hands dirty, you never forget to zoom out to look at the bigger picture.
- You are a designer or strategist with at least 10 years of experience, an impressive portfolio and a professional toolkit that you successfully apply in different kinds of design and strategy projects
- You master the end-to-end design and production process of identities and experiences, can create compelling visions, and are fluent in communicating and facilitating this vision for your clients
- You are a solid team worker and treat your fellow team members as your equals
- Your eyes light up when talking about good design or successful teamwork – whether within your team, to the clients or in public
- You are fluent in communicating about design both verbally and in visual presentations
- You are enthusiastic about guiding and helping fellow designers and our community as a whole
- You consider your colleagues in sales to be your best friends and are happy to open new frontiers with them
- You have an international mindset and always strive for the highest quality
Why would you join us?
We are a Creative studio — part of Reaktor — providing modern creative services for forward-thinking clients worldwide, from our offices in Amsterdam, Helsinki, and New York. We help brands to be culturally connected and act purpose first — systematically, strategically, and long-term.
- We are passionate about building meaningful brands with creative solutions that solve our client’s business problems with excellence and purpose.
- As part of Reaktor, we have access to exceptional design and technological competence to serve clients in 360-degree-branding
- We support work-life balance. We believe that quality in our work comes from a mixture of experience, passion for the job, and a healthy lifestyle.
- We offer a community of amazing people who you will learn from and will learn from you.
If reading this gave you butterflies, we hope you apply. Tell us about your past adventures, and let us know what you’d love to do in the future. Keep it original rather than official.
Send us your application (portfolio and motivation letter included), by 31.3.2022. We’ll be filling the position as soon as we find the perfect candidate.