Design Lead / Wolt
Applications are open until further notice. / Haku auki toistaiseksi.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 210 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We’ve also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors’ Choice, Wired named the company one of the ”Hottest Startups in Europe,” Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.
Wolt is more than just a food and retail delivery operation – in fact we are built upon a solid foundation of state-of-the-art technology. Our internal tooling enables us to ramp up new cities efficiently and provide excellent customer service, our own logistics platform allows us to optimise our courier partners work to get you the food you want as fast as possible, and our restaurant platform allows restaurants to offer exciting food experiences for our customers in an optimal way.
We work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Wolt product stack. Each and every one of our product team members has a say in where we are going and what solutions we implement. We work with a passion, but we haven’t forgotten how to have fun along the way!
Do you want to be part of a team striving towards a perfect Courier experience at Wolt, from the everyday adventures with the Courier app to managing the Courier lifecycle inside ops-tools?
We are looking for a Design Lead – a seasoned leader who’ll take care of the Wolt Courier team and act as an individual contributor, responsible for design work within the Logistics and Supply planning domains.
The essence of this position is that as a Design Lead you:
- Lead our Courier Design team, as part of the Courier Group, ensure that the team is set up for success in a scaling environment
- Are responsible for staffing and hiring the right talent for the team
- Combine manager and individual contributor roles, so you ensure that we design the right things in the right ways while being a leading craft designer in your area.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of a subgroup’s designs and facilitate the rituals & reviews for producing them
- Make sure we work sustainably, cultivate personal growth, and coach happy & performing team members.
- Are working across multiple platforms (web and mobile)
- Work with multidisciplinary product management, design, data, and engineering teams to deliver thoughtful and polished design work that is world-class
You can be based in the Helsinki capital area, Berlin or work entirely remotely elsewhere in Finland, Germany, Denmark, or Estonia now and in the future! Read more about our new remote set-up here.
- You are a seasoned servant leader with extensive experience managing design teams of ~3-5 people.
- You have excellent collaboration skills.
- You have relevant UX or Service design experience, working on digital products with a systems design mindset.
- You have great people skills and experience in working together creatively with other designers, and cross-disciplinarily with product managers, engineers, UX researchers and copywriters.
- Experience working on modern & easy-to-use internal tooling is considered a plus.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so feel free to apply as soon as you feel like hearing more about the position and potentially joining Wolt! Please kindly make sure to include your portfolio with your application!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and equity. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
If you want to check up on your application or have any further questions about the position, you can turn to Talent Acquisition Partner Marta Palac at firstname.lastname@example.org at any given time.
Apply. / Hae paikkaa.