Designer / Art Director / MacWell
MacWell is an independent strategic Brand and Product marketing agency. We blend an exclusive boutique service with global muscle for high-scaled executions.
Product is now.
Brand is forever.
Our slogan embodies our enduring philosophy and eternal motivation. Focused on this mantra, we will be strengthening our group of talents to support our expanding business operations and continued growth.
As a MacWellian, you will jump into the daily life of working with varying clients, from small startups to true ‘Titans-of-Industry’ & international corporations.
We are explicitly looking for a Designer/Art Director with a background in Creative & International circles in either both of our focus fields. If you have strong, relevant experience and think you could offer something unique within these roles (and beyond!), then this is the proper role for you!
To become an essential member of our close-knit MacWell family, it’s critical that you have:
- An infinite desire to continually learn and challenge yourself
- An endless interest in the creative playground
- Collaborate and share knowledge within the team of MacWellians as well as with clients
What we expect from a Designer/Art Director:
Designer/Art Director plans to develop and create concepts by conducting research and designing brand-and product-specific visual initiatives. The Designer/ Art Director communicates closely with the client to ensure creative work is done according to the client’s brief and guidance.
As Designer/ Art Director, you’re responsible for the overall innovative approach and its execution throughout the project, working simultaneously on multiple projects in cooperation with the Project Manager and reporting to Creative Director.
Please note that this role is a parental leave substitute fixed contract until February 2023 with a possibility for a full-time contract.
- Organize and facilitate creative workshops and brand training
- Development of our creative offering – working alongside our Global Creative Studio team.
- Collaborate with regional customer teams on new business pitches
- Assist in defining the high-level creative vision with other project leads (e.g., Creative Director)
- Create art direction and visual style guides
- Build an efficient Art team nurturing an atmosphere of creativity, curiosity, and collaboration
- Lead the delivery of high-quality art assets under technical and production constraints
- Offer (and welcome) relevant, constructive feedback on results – ensuring exceptional artistic quality
- Production & Development of visual content – setting a standard for others to aspire to
- Foster teamwork and proactively engage with and inspire team members to succeed.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Exceptional Graphic Design skills
- Concrete experience at an ad agency / digital agency / or an in-house team
- Experience in advising and communicating with advertisers
- Professional experience in managing creative teams
- Strong understanding of “Scandinavian design,” a sense of typography, and a visual eye
- Production supervision (both still and video)
- Strong Branding vision
- In-depth knowledge of technical art tools and practices
- Team Player with a positive & motivating attitude
- Curiosity and openness to new ideas, perspectives, and experiences
- Adaptability to changing situations – always exploring ideas & solutions
- Ability to independently create concept sketches
- Excellent organizational skills, an eye for detail, and ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- A commercial mindset with 360 thinking
- Interest and understanding of technology and products
Have you got what it takes? Please send us your application, CV, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org