Developer & Designer / Alma Media
Alma Developer & Designer 2023
Develop your skills to the next level with Alma Developer program
Are you looking for a place to grow and learn new things together with other developers? What if while you develop your programming skills you could also be part of the group that develops the services and media that over 88% Finns see every day?
Alma Developer & Designer -program is designed for Software developers, UX Designers and Data developers. The search for the popular Alma Developer & Designer- program is now open!
As an ideal candidate for the program you can be:
- At end of your studies or a recent graduate. You will start your Alma journey with a paid nine-months trainee program. Together with trainees we’ll build a program where you will grow and learn new skills while working in real development projects. The common goal of the program is a permanent job at Alma.
- Junior developer with 1-3 years of experience. You will have a permanent position in one of our development teams and an excellent opportunity to level up your expertise by joining Alma Developer- program. You will receive all the benefits and perks of Alma Developer- program.
Who we are and what we do?
Digital media and various online services have been at the core of what we do at Alma for decades. We develop several well-known media and services, such as Iltalehti, Kauppalehti, Etuovi.com and Autotalli.com.
You will become a part of a top-notch developer team – to work with modern technologies in Finland’s largest services. Developer & Designer community of over 300 competent and helpful Alma developers is waiting for you. All participants in the program receive support from a personal mentor and comprehensive training.
We are mainly looking for new talents to join our offices in Helsinki or Tampere. At Alma, we offer you flexible working hours, the possibility to work part-time and the possibility to work remotely – whatever suits you the best. Alma-house in Helsinki and Siperia in Tampere are both accessible workspaces. Finnish language skills are advantage but not required. If you are willing to learn we are more than happy to help you improve your Finnish skills as well.
Technologies we use:
Alma uses highly automated development tools and environments. Modern technologies such as TypeScript, Golang, Kotlin, Java and Python are the ones we mainly use. Different databases and big data tools also play a significant role. We use Amazon’s and Google’s cloud services, where source code changes located in Github are automatically exported using Continuous Integration tools such as Github Actions or AWS CodePipeline. The technologies vary from product to product, and you get to influence which technologies you use in which project. You can read more about the technologies we use at Alma Developer & Designer (almamedia.dev) The user experience and user interfaces are designed using the Figma, which enables quick prototyping of functionalities and easy
cooperation with frontend developers. In addition, we also use Affinity and Adobe products. Design decisions can be validated with real users, for example through analytics and A/B testing.
Why join us?
4,4/5. That’s the grade trainees from the previous program gave to the program. Personal mentor, high-quality trainings and real work projects were the reasons they liked it.
At Alma we want our employees to succeed, and we encourage all alma medians to develop their skills, share their ideas and join our working community as they are. That is the reason why people enjoy working at Alma.
Joining the program, this is what you get:
- personal mentor (Alma developer or designer)
- onboarding days, workshops and hackdays with other members of the program
- high-quality trainings every week
- become part of a development team in Alma’s unit
- helpful Slack community to support you
- modern tools that you can influence yourself
- flexible working hours, possibility to work part-time and the possibility to work remotely – whatever suits you the best
- the opportunity to complete an AWS or GCP certificate, for example (depends on the job role)
How to apply?
The last day to apply is February 12th. Please note that we are going through the applications already during the application period so don’t wait any longer, apply now!
You choose on which path you want to develop; we help you to grow to the next level!
How’s developers life at Alma?
Alma Developer & Designer (almamedia.dev)
Alma Developers at social media: