Digital Product Design / Kisko Labs Oy
We are eager to welcome a Product Designer with a strong UX/UI Design mindset to join our team of multidisciplinary advisors. You are working as a part of an agile development team crafting digital products and services for our clients ranging from startups to established market leaders. You have an eye for a good UI and user experience and understanding of technological solutions.
We do not send you to work at our customer’s office as a consultant – you can make yourself at home with Kisko. We are an English speaking company so Finnish language skills are not required. The position is located in Finland, our office situated in Helsinki. We support flexible remote work but also value personal connections with our teammates and therefore wish you to work at our Helsinki office at least occasionally.
We wish you to have:
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with user interfaces as a part of a development team
- Solid understanding of web application design principles and browser based UIs
- Experience in creating clickable prototypes with Figma and other modern design tools
- Understanding of good UX principles and best-practises as well as user centric design
- Willingness to work as a part of an agile team of developers and designers
- Ability to present your ideas and designs directly to the customer fluently in either Finnish or English
- Ambition to develop your own skills as well as the design culture in the company
Considered as a plus:
- Service design experience
- Experience with accessible design and accessibility guidelines
- Experience in HTML5, CSS and modern UI frameworks (React, Svelte) or eagerness to learn
- Facilitating user and usability testings
At Kisko you are able to have a genuine impact on the way we do things as we are becoming one of the most prestigious software companies in Finland. We are currently about 20 people aiming to grow sustainably to 30 people in the upcoming years. Saleswise the last couple of years have been the best in our 15 year long history, and we are constantly receiving more and more interesting leads on new projects. We think of business as a marathon, not a sprint. Same goes for our people and we have witnessed great growth stories and long lasting (employment) relationships.
Learning and developing will for sure happen at Kisko, as we continuously explore new domains and ways of building software. We support your individual professional development and aspirations. Kisko is a place for doers who appreciate agile ways of working with a strong sense of autonomy and dislike for hierarchies and unnecessary bureaucracy. We are not necessarily the place if you do not enjoy the unknown at all for we live for it, get intrigued by it, and find it full of possibilities. We say that the most boring thing is a solved Rubik’s cube.
To enjoy working at Kisko you need to enjoy working with a diverse and inclusive group of people as we are a multinational team from many different backgrounds. We try our best to keep the fun in our work, too, as fun is what brought Kisko to life in the first place. You work to live and not the other way around. We hope Kisko will enhance your overall wellbeing, not diminish it.
Check out our list of benefits.
You can see some of our references in English here and in Finnish here.
Share your portfolio, CV and greetings in Finnish or English to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a LinkedIn or a Github link to attach – great! If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to reach out either.
We’ll have two discussion rounds during which you will meet Happiness Officer Siiri and your future colleagues. We might also ask you to do a small design task during the recruitment process. Apply soon as we start the interviews before the application period ends. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable person is found.