Electronics Designer / Teknoware Oy
Are you our new junior #ElectronicsDesigner? Come on board and join us in creating future lighting solutions for rail traffic! In your role, you will be responsible for the electronics design of lighting solutions at Teknoware’s Rail division. Your work will be admired on trains, trams and metros around the world, as we supply interior solutions and exterior lights to the world’s largest train manufacturers.
- Workplace location: hybrid; Lahti / remote
- Employment relationship: Permanent
- Working time: flexible
What is the job about?
- Your main task is to design the electronics for lighting solutions in the railway business. You will be involved in defining new products and product families.
- You will be responsible for your design throughout the entire design project. You are able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, as a single project can last from a few weeks to up to a year.
- The work includes testing your own products, doing verification work and maintaining existing products. The work also includes electronics simulations, verification measurements and documentation.
- We manufacture all our products ourselves. The electronics you design will be manufactured in our modern electronics production facilities just one floor below your workstation in Lahti.
What do we expect from you?
- You are a self-directed designer who enjoys project work.
- You have good problem-solving skills, and you understand the technical requirements of devices and equipment.
- You can plan and brainstorm solutions and verify their functionality.
Areas of expertise:
- Switched mode power supplies
- Analogue circuit design
- Schematic design
- Layout design
Language skills: At Teknoware, we communicate in Finnish and English, so we expect you to have fluent English (both oral and written). If you also know some Finnish it’s a plus.
Background: An engineering degree and a few years of work experience are desirable, but not necessary requirements. Does this sound like the job for you? Don’t hesitate to apply!
Why should I apply for a job at Teknoware?
One of our biggest strengths is our team spirit. We want everyone to develop and grow in their work, so you can influence your own tasks. With us you can rest assured that you are working for a financially steady company that has plenty of work.
In addition to your base salary, we offer
- Training that supports your work
- The opportunity to study languages
- Mehiläinen’s comprehensive occupational health care
- SmartumPlus benefits (sports, cultural and massage benefits)
- Bicycle benefit
- The team’s own recreational days
- The annual summer and Christmas party for all Teknoware employees
And what is Teknoware?
Made in Finland since 1972. Teknoware is the market leader in lighting solutions for public transport vehicles and the largest manufacturer of emergency lighting systems in the Nordic countries. Our passion for finding the best interior solution or lighting for our customers’ needs is the foundation which unites our three businesses: Our bus and train businesses design and manufacture vehicle lighting and interior design solutions. The Emergency Lighting Division is innovating new means and measures to improve the safety and usability of buildings and cruise ships.
Our head office and largest production facilities are located in Finland. Our other production units are located in the UK, Malaysia, Poland and the US. Our cutting-edge research and development units are located in Lahti and Oulu. We employ 500 experts in 8 countries, and our sales network serves customers in over 50 countries.
We are pioneers in the design of smart lighting and we are known for our technical innovations. From design to production, we take care of everything ourselves and make sure that what we do always represents our top-level expertise. When a product has the Teknoware label, it is a sign that we have manufactured it. That’s a promise, not just a logo.
I want this job! What do I do?
If you are interested and see yourself as the person we’re looking for, apply as soon as possible, so we can see if we are a good fit! You can apply easily without a CV or covering letter by answering the questions below by 28 May 2023, at the latest. We are reviewing applicants and arranging interviews during the application period, so don’t delay and answer the questions right away.
If you would like to discuss the job and the tasks in more detail, Juuso Sakkara, the Head of the Design Team, will be happy to answer your questions (email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +358 50 446 5419 on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.).