Game Designer / Small Giant Games
Small Giant Games is one of the top performing mobile game companies in the world. Our office is located right in the heart of downtown Helsinki hosting an awesome, international team of 85 people.
We believe that small, skilled and independent teams can accomplish gigantic things. We know the best teams are created by hiring the best individuals, and by trusting these individuals with ownership and responsibility of the work they do. Transparency, low hierarchy and a good work-life balance are not just buzzwords for us, but an essential part of our culture. We focus on the essential while constantly looking to learn more and improve our products, our processes and how we work together as a company.
We bring years of experience to the table, with some of the most talented players in game development, software engineering and graphic design in Finland. We aim to give unforgettable gaming experiences – filled with fabulous characters, rich animations, and beautiful graphics. And we always focus on friends, bringing players social and multiplayer games they want to keep playing.
Do you love designing and playing games? Would you like to design and balance large sets of heroes, levels and other game units to a live game? Small Giant Games, one of the hottest gaming companies in Finland, is now looking for a numbers-oriented Game Designer to join their growing ranks of top professionals in Helsinki!
As a Game Designer, you will be a part of the core game development team and participate in the design of the chart-topping game, Empires & Puzzles. You will design new content for the game: everything from heroes and their special skills to events & in-game offers. Moreover, you will also conceptualize fun and well-performing features and take care of a good balance of all elements to make player choices worthwhile and create an enjoyable player experience. You will work in close cooperation with the whole Empires & Puzzles team – not only other Game Designers, but also Game Developers and Animators as well as Game Artists. Therefore, we are looking for a Game Designer with an excellent teamwork ethic and willingness to collaborate with various stakeholders.
Ideally, you have gained previous experience in the gaming industry from relevant roles relating to e.g. pricing and/or analytics, but we hope you have at least a solid understanding of free-to-play mechanics and in-game economies. In this role, you will be working with Excel on a daily basis, so we hope you have solid Excel skills and an analytical mindset, combined with systematic working style and the ability to see the big picture. This is a unique opportunity to hone your skills in game design and work in a super-talented team on one of the top mobile games in the world!
We hope you have the majority of the following qualities:
- Previous experience from relevant roles
- Mathematical skills and solid Excel know-how
- Understanding of free-to-play (F2P) mechanics and a passion for mobile games, especially RPGs
- Careful and detail-oriented approach to number tweaking
- An organized approach to planning and the ability to make a case for your designs
- Great teamwork ethic and solid communication skills in English
We consider as an asset:
- Previous experience in the mobile game industry, especially from a game design role
Small Giant Games offers you the following and much, much more:
- One of the greatest work places in Finland – learn more about Small Giant Games as a workplace here!
- Exciting – not to mention successful – projects to work on, but with a healthy work-life balance to enjoy
- Chance to play a key role in the game design and the player experience – in this role your contribution truly matters
- Lots of autonomy and responsibility
- Extremely talented and helpful colleagues with whom you can get to know even better over company and employee arranged events
- An office located conveniently in downtown Helsinki, with fun office pastimes and cool Small Giant swag to lounge in, as well as flexible remote working possibilities
- Competitive salary and other benefits, such as lunch, sports and culture benefit as well as extensive health and dental care and comprehensive travel insurance
This is a full-time and permanent position, and you will be employed directly by Small Giant Games. Your team works at the Helsinki office as part of a hybrid model and we hope you have the preparedness to work at the Helsinki office weekly. Please note that we are primarily looking for a Game Designer already based in Finland.
Is this your opportunity? We would love to hear from you!
Please submit a short cover letter (detailing your motivation and relevant skills for the position) and your CV via our application system. You are welcome to mention your salary request and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents.
The application deadline is Wednesday 22nd March. If you’re selected to the next stage the first interview will be with Small Giant Games’ recruiting partner aTalent, followed by interviews with the Small Giant Games team.
You can familiarize yourself with Small Giant Games here: http://www.smallgiantgames.com. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Kiira Ojala (+358 50 553 7760, kiira.ojala[at]atalent.fi).