Head of Brand Collaborations / Marimekko
Marimekko is a Finnish lifestyle design company renowned for its original prints and colors. The company’s product portfolio includes high-quality clothing, bags and accessories as well as home décor items ranging from textiles to tableware. When Marimekko was founded in 1951, its unparalleled printed fabrics gave it a strong and unique identity. In 2022, the company’s net sales were EUR 167 million and comparable operating profit totaled EUR 30.4 million. Globally, there are roughly 150 Marimekko stores, and online store serves customers in 35 countries. The key markets are Northern Europe, the Asia-Pacific region and North America. The Group employs about 460 people. The company’s share is quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. www.marimekko.com
We are looking for a creative and experienced
HEAD OF BRAND COLLABORATIONS AND CREATIVE BRAND PROJECTS
to lead our dynamic Creative Brand Projects team at Marimekko´s HQ in Helsinki.
The Creative Brand Projects team is responsible for leading Marimekko’s global brand collaborations and key brand projects such as global design and fashion week events and exhibitions. As a part of the Global Brand Communications and Marketing department, the Creative Brand Projects team works in close collaboration with many company functions including design, sales, corporate communications, and the Innovation Works function.
As our Head of brand collaborations and creative brand projects your main responsibility is to develop and execute Marimekko’s brand collaboration strategy ensuring increased global brand awareness, brand value and a consistent licensing income. This exciting role leads a team of talented individuals as well as cross-functional teams in these strategically important initiatives and acts as the main counterpart for external brand collaboration partners. Also, they ensure the timely and efficient production of other brand projects, such as fashion week and design week presentations, together with the team.
This is a full-time permanent position, in which you will report to Marimekko’s CMO.
- Acting as team lead for the creative brand projects team
- Developing and executing brand collaboration strategy together with CMO, ensuring consistent licensing income and building brand equity
- Actively scouting and securing new brand partnerships
- Leading pitching and concept creation as well as project managing design development and launch planning of brand collaborations together with team.
- Ensuring collaborations are leveraged in relevant Marimekko channels, acting as the main point of contact towards partners and internal stakeholders.
- Leading collaboration contract negotiations.
- Leading various other creative brand marketing projects, especially fashion and design week presentations and exhibitions, together with team
- Making sure all projects are executed on time and within agreed budgets, reporting on the success of all projects and making sure key learnings are taken into account in future projects.
In order to succeed in the role, you have:
- A relevant educational background (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree) in Marketing, Brand Management or Communication
- At least 7 years of experience within international marketing
- A strong personal network within the fashion and design industries
- Strong experience and understanding of the fashion and design industries
- Excellent understanding of Marimekko’s competitor and peer landscape and the ability to identify relevant opportunities in the collaboration space
- Excellent skills in creative conceptualization as well as in pitching ideas successfully
- A results-driven and commercial mindset
- Solid experience in leading teams and individuals successfully
- Excellent project management and collaboration skills and drive to perform well under pressure
- Fluency In English, both verbal and written
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
At Marimekko we encourage people to be themselves and value diversity. We believe in fairness and doing things together, using common sense and finding joy in our work. If you connect with these values and have the right background, we might be able to offer you a unique opportunity to work in an exciting, international environment with one of the most iconic lifestyle brands.
If all this sparks your interest and you feel like you are the one, we are looking for, please send your application including your CV and cover letter with salary expectation via our career site at http://company.marimekko.com/careers. We will start the interviews already during the application period so please, let us hear from you as soon as possible but no later than on 31.05.2023. For more information about the role, please contact Sanna-Kaisa Niikko CMO by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358 44 218 4375 on Monday 8th of May 16:00-17:.00 EET.
Marimekko’s culture and working environment are founded on equality, inclusion and cherishing diversity. Marimekko welcomes and encourages everyone regardless of their national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion or other personal characteristic to apply. Recruitment is always based on business need, and the candidates are evaluated on relevant knowledge, skills and experience as well as motivation.
Marimekko is ranked as the Most Attractive Employer (1st) in Finland amongst business professionals according to Universum’s ranking. Marimekko is also the 2nd most attractive employer in Finland amongst business students. Read more about the Universum’s ranking on their website.