Junior UX Designer / Holvi
We <3 small business
We founded Holvi in 2011, in Helsinki. As self-employed people wading through oceans of paperwork, we noticed something funny going on – traditional banks were giving us the cold shoulder. Why not help ourselves? We asked. And so, with time and effort (and lots of coffee), we mastered small business finance – and Holvi was born.
Our vision is simple: Eliminate the distractions of financial admin and simplify work life, because running a business is hard enough. Small businesses shouldn’t have to worry about spreadsheets and lost receipts.
Right now, we’re looking for a Junior UX Designer to join our team in Helsinki. If you want to help us make self-employment and running a small business a little easier, Holvi is for you.
We are looking for a Junior UX Designer
A typical day could see you doing:
- User research such as interviewing our users and creating surveys with our user research lead.
- UI design with Sketch for iOS, Android and Web supported by our other UX designers.
- Testing UI design in usability testing or with tools such as Hotjar and Usabilityhub.
This is for you if you:
- Have a good understanding of different aspects of UX design.
- Are not intimidated by the world of business finance management but view it as a topic that would benefit from great design.
- Are able and willing to learn (we will mentor, support and train you while working).
- Have completed relevant studies.
It’s a plus if you:
- Speak fluent German. Our main markets are Finland and Germany so speaking in our users’ native language is very beneficial.
Think you’re a good fit?
We’d love to hear from you! Send us your application by 31.5. – but don’t wait too long as we will fill this role as soon as we find the right person. You can read more about our recruitment process on our Careers page. If you want to learn more about the position, reach out to Hannu Toivola (email@example.com).
- The chance to shape this role around what’s good for you and Holvi.
- Flexible working – we care about what you do, not the minutes you work.
- Employee stock options – opportunity for equity in Holvi. We’re investing in our futures, and would love to be in this together.
- Full time
- Your base will be in our Helsinki office but we have a pretty flexible remote work policy.
- We offer flexible working hours with core office hours between 10.00 and 15.00 local time – the rest is up to you.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Holvi, we embrace diversity in all of its forms and foster an inclusive environment for all people to live their best work life. This is central to our mission of promoting a healthy balance in all things we do.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.