Lead Digital Product Designer / Reaktor Group
Do you want to grow and broaden your expertise by working with industry leaders in everything from visionary e-commerce to education, airlines to financial services, and healthcare to the public sector?
We’re looking for a Lead Digital Product Designer to join our small & warm community in Turku.
Our welcoming community in Turku consists mostly of tech talents but we have a small and growing design presence there, with the opportunity to influence it. We value common sense, autonomy and a can-do & hands-on attitude. We are determined to make our clients shine while we help them to change the world we live in.
Your strongest craft can be in one of the digital product fields (UX, visual, service design/concept) but you are able to move in between different crafts.
As a Lead Digital Product Designer at Reaktor, you’ll
Be the keeper of the big picture
Whatever your craft is, you’ll see things come to life and make an impact on people’s daily lives. You are adaptive and thrive in a role without strict boundaries. You don’t shy away from a diverse range of tasks, as sometimes all of the following may take place in one day.
Your daily tasks include:
- Guiding the client and team from the current state of things towards a solution. You know how to concentrate on what is essential at any given moment, and can guide others to do the same. You lead by example
- Working on different levels of abstraction
- Building and nurture relationships with the team and other stakeholders – helping the client evolve their ways of working
- Making sense of our clients’ business goals, challenges and their users’ behaviour, and turning your understanding into great designs that benefit them both
- Flexing your crafts muscles: whether it’s building a functional prototype, pushing pixels in Figma or polishing the finest details of the product demo
- Planning, arranging and facilitating workshops when the situation requires
- Working in small autonomous hybrid teams, facilitating ways of working within the team, and making sure the project meets our client’s needs
- Supporting Reaktor’s growth by contributing to our talent growth activities and business development efforts
- Nurturing an ambitious, inclusive, and collaborative design culture inside the company by participating in community events, sharing your skills, attending workshops and discussions.
A person who can make things and make things happen
We’re looking for an empathetic team-player who is driven by positive intent and the principle of charity – and someone who can also embrace change.
To thrive in this position, you’ll need:
- More than 7 years of experience in designing digital products and services for various domains
- To take part in strategic discussions when direction needs to be defined
- To view things holistically and are able to think of a system as a whole, as well as communicate that thinking to other stakeholders and team members
- To understand and apply modern design practices and processes and to take responsibility for design decisions
- To enable an effective feedback process, in both giving and receiving feedback
- Experience in moving plans into actual execution, knowing when to release and how to weed out the unnecessary
- Fluency in English
Notice that most of our Turku teams’ clients are situated globally in different locations. So this position requires some travelling, mostly inside Finland but sometimes across the seas (approximately 1-5 days/month).
Why join us?
For two decades, we’ve been developing qualities and capabilities for adapting, reacting, and supporting change – building Reaktor to hold up in a fast-paced environment while ensuring the well-being of our people.
While working at Reaktor, we’ll provide you with:
- The freedom to impact how you work. Your team chooses the approach, technologies, and methodologies you think will work best in any given situation.
- A community with as much support as your heart desires
- A team that’s not only experienced but considerate as well. Your coworkers are likely as experienced as you are, and they all want you to succeed.
- A sustainable work-life balance and support for your daily life outside of work (free moving day, sick child care services, office space to use for your private events, etc.).
- An opportunity to grow as a professional. We offer tens of training sessions monthly on hot topics in tech and design.
- A possibility to take part in longer academy-like studies like leading a team, delivering challenging projects, Team Builder Academy, Mobile Academy, UX Academy, and much more.
- 300+ hobby clubs from winter swimming and running to knitting and archery that bring people together outside (and sometimes inside) of office hours. Many of these are supported by Reaktor.
In addition to our culture perks, we’re offering you an extensive benefit package including the following and more:
- Extended healthcare services, with broad-spectrum specialist services included
- Dental care up to 250€/year
- 300€/year for exercise and relaxation
- 200€/month lunch benefit on top of your salary
- Travel and health insurance
- Company shares
- Bicycle benefit and commuting benefits
- Subsidized massages
- A phone of your choice with a phone subscription
- Internet subscription of your choice
- State-of-the-art working equipment you pick yourself
- A programme to support Open Source work
- Support for possible relocations and help to acquire a residence permit if needed
So tell us, potential future colleague: what kind of design talent do you represent, and what would you like to do at Reaktor?
Drop us a line via the form below and introduce yourself. Please include your CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile, and a link to a personal website or portfolio – when recruiting, we are looking for relevance, approach, knowledge and skills relevant for the job.
We would also love to hear about a project that meant a lot to you – what was your role in it, what problem were you trying to tackle, and what was the outcome? This will help us in figuring out your possible role with us as well as your areas of interest. Here you can find some tips for polishing your portfolio.
Apply / Hae paikkaa.