Lead Visual Designer / Fortum
We are looking for a Lead Visual Designer to join the Fortum Design team in Espoo, Finland, Stockholm, Sweden or Oslo, Norway. As Lead Visual Designer, you’ll be part of our international design team that seeks to shape the future of the Fortum brands and its customers. You will be working on developing new brands, securing and designing digital outtakes of these.
As Lead Visual Designer you set out a clear consistent design vision, spread your knowledge, and design hands-on the best digital services yourself from concept to visual details.
In the role of Lead Visual Designer, you will lead global visual design activities for digital channels and report to the Head of Concepts and UX.
The mission of our international Fortum Design team is to design and facilitate quality service experiences within the internal corporate and enterprise customer landscape, and advocate the design thinking in the whole Fortum organization. We partner with teams across the company to improve customer experiences, incubate new services, and cultivate a human-centered culture and design thinking capability within Fortum.
What is it in for you?
- Work in an international organization with well-known brands
- Ownership of the Design System
- Work in an international design team of talented and engaged Service Designers, UX Designers and Visual Designers
- Environment with significant room for autonomy, self-development and creativity
- We invite you, together with us, to build a cleaner word. We believe in Open Leadership and in creating a safe and inspiring work environment and company culture that help our people to do their best. Our Values – curiosity, responsibility, integrity and respect – provide a foundation for our company culture.
What you must have:
- 8 + years of experience in working with visual design for digital channels
- A higher education within relevant fields, or extra relevant work experience
- Knowledge of how to make and follow a design system in Figma
- Knowledge of universal Design and responsive design
- Knowledge of how to use principles of visual communication
- Knowledge of how to identify and design for specific target groups
- Knowledge of visual design trends
What you will do:
- Plan and lead projects and experiences. Mentor designers on how to perfect their profession.
- Seek new inspirations and challenge the current when needed. You are ready to defend your design solutions based on expertise and grounded reasons.
- You are responsible for the company’s design system; promoting, maintaining and developing according to needs.
- Developing compelling visions, stories, concepts, visual designs, and prototypes
- Help to formulate our internal visual design strategy for digital channels, and ensure visual design excellence and optimization
- Executing layouts, typography, iconography, color theory, and compositions to design with artistry, creativity, and mastery
- Set goals for Accessibility and work on meeting them
- Provide domain-specific expertise and overall visual design leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
How do you apply?
Please apply by the 11th of January 2022 at the latest.
When you apply for job in Fortum Consumer Solutions you will be treated objectively. We don’t evaluate candidates based on age, sex, nationality and other non-relevant factors. You will hear from us one in about 1-2 weeks after the application deadline.
Send your application, link to design portfolio and CV together with your salary request via our online recruitment tool by January 11th 2022 at the latest. We will start interviews as soon as suitable applicants are found.
For more information, please contact Tina Jennifer Ølstørn, (Head of Concepts and UX) at +47 48148027 or via e-mail email@example.com
Additional country specific information:
Finland: To be selected for the position, the applicant must go through background clearance and a health examination including drug testing.
Sweden: For contact with Swedish union representatives in Fortum, please call +46 8 671 70 00. Fortums Akademiker: Per Kenttä. Unionen: Birgitta Henriksson, Torbjörn Graf.