Senior Product Designer / Granite Devices
We are Granite Devices, a group of passionate professionals behind Simucube; Direct Drive force feedback devices and high-quality sim racing gear. Our mission is to do the right thing with technological expertise, and with our flagship product, Simucube, we offer the most accurate sim racing experience for true racers. Human values drive us; In everything we do, we aim to improve the quality of life, affecting people inside and outside our company.
Employee wellbeing and a fulfilling life are at the core of our culture. We offer an environment of freedom and responsibility and meaningful work that will innovate the industry and help create a sustainable future. Our employee benefits include exercise & culture benefits, e-bike benefit, possibility to refresh & do personal projects during working hours – to name a few!
We support professional development and crafting one’s role by providing the tools and time for studying. Our working conditions are flexible, but we would love to see you at least part-time at the office, where we have a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, fruit and refreshments, and occasional pizza Fridays. Read more about our culture, values, and benefits here.
Are you enthusiastic about top quality, durability, and creating high-end products for a demanding customer’s needs? If your answer is ‘yes’, this might be the dream position for you!
Our Simucube product line is known for its high quality and top performance, and racers from all over the world love the true racing experience it yields. Alongside the growing user experience expectations, we want to ensure that we don’t only meet, but exceed our users’ expectations. Learn more about the Simucube product family here.
We are now looking for a Senior Product Designer to take the lead in designing new Simucube professional grade sim racing equipment. As the product designer, you work in close collaboration with our product development team. Your key responsibilities include
- ownership of the design process: our development team knows the technologies and electronics – you give your insight on the rest
- taking the team’s preliminary idea and specs and turning them into a commercial consumer product design: from look to feel to materials and mechanics
- through the design, estimating the cost and scalability of production
- project and product management.
This role gives you the opportunity to impact the fast-growing business of eSports. Our loyal and constantly growing fan base is eager to see our next product where your creativity has a key role in making it real. We give you autonomy in your work and space for professional growth while the passionate Simucube product development team is here to collaborate with you.
As this is a key role in our new state-of-the art product development team, we are looking for one who has
- several years of expertise in product design, preferably in consumer electronics products
- expertise in 3D CAD modeling, DFM, DFA
- project and product management skills, ability to see the big picture
- understanding of serial production manufacturing processes, techniques, and materials
- independent way of working and excellent problem-solving skills
- visually appealing product design/modeling skills are big advantage.
Understanding of sim racing business is a big plus, but don’t worry if you are not familiar with the context, yet! Once you bring along your expertise with design and product management, we will introduce you to the racer’s soul. Above all, we are looking for one with a growth mindset and enthusiasm to ensure the company’s future success.
Ready to start the journey?
We are eager to hear from you, so send your application no later than December 26th. If you have any questions about the role or our company, please contact our People & Culture Manager Tiina at email@example.com!