Senior Service Designer / Konecranes Oy
Material handling industry stands on the brink of technological revolution that will blur the lines between physical and digital spheres. We can already see today how emerging technologies like AI, advanced wireless networks or fully autonomous vehicles, disrupt our thinking on what is possible and what is not. Konecranes has approximately 600,000 devices on its maintenance books and 20,000 of these are remotely monitored, providing a constant flow of data to the customer portal for analysis. Our digital solutions are not pilots or MVPs, they are already full-blown global implementations that we are developing further. One tool that you are developing further is Konecranes ZONE, which allows customer to explore products, self-designing terminal concepts and products as well as ordering spare parts, monitoring assets behaviour in yourKONECRANES and contact and discuss with Konecranes experts.
We’re fascinated by the opportunities digitalization offers to our core business, internal operations and exploring new digital growth – and so are our customers. If you feel you share our passion, then you could be our new team member in our Service Design & Partnerships Development team as a (Senior) Service Designer!
For this role we are looking for a self-driven and motivated professional who will focus on analysing customer and user experiences and developing new sustainable business concepts and strategies that are delivering the best customer experience for our Port customers. Your work will guide us in defining the right directions for developing Konecranes digital services and boosting customer satisfaction. As our (Senior) Service Designer you will work in close co-operation with customers, development teams and stakeholders mainly from Business Area Port Solutions. Our team is serving both Konecranes business areas, but this role is planned to be dedicated for the Ports business projects and programs.
Your key responsibilities
- Being an integral part of Konecranes BA Port Solutions Customer Experience core team to drive the best customer experience
- Map customer journeys, pain points and service blueprints to identify business and improvement opportunities
- Complete design projects from customer research to prototyping and validating hypotheses
- Create design, business concepts and CX strategies by using collaborative and lean, customer-centric methods
- Design experiments to lead testing assumptions and viability of new design concepts
- Synthesize and present findings and insights to various stakeholders from technical developers to top management and facilitate decision making related to your findings and proposals
Why to join our team
Being part of our Service Design & Partnerships Development team you will develop your career in a truly international and multicultural working environment. Our design philosophy merges design thinking to lean startup principles and links qualitative customer insights into business analysis. As the development process is highly driven by CX, in this role you will have the opportunity to make a deep impact on Konecranes (digital) services and customer centricity.
What should you bring
As this role is much about analytic, strategic, and creative thinking, it’s crucial that you have an outstanding ability to synthesise complex information, structure it to a coherent picture as well as to communicate research results in a clear and understandable way. You may be a senior design professional or at an early stage of your career with just a few years of experience, but it’s crucial that this experience has unravelled your passion for solving customer problems and delivering new concepts, storyboards, and prototypes. In addition you should enjoy preparing your findings into understandable format and presenting them for decision makers.
We expect you to have:
- Graduate degree and +3 years of work experience in relevant field, preferably in digital product design, design consultancy or other relevant B2B development work.
- Expertise in design thinking and human-centered design
- Knowhow to combine qualitative and data driven, analytical approach, to practical design and develop service and product offerings
- Solid track record in facilitating result-oriented design workshops
- Experience in identifying critical assumptions and running lean validation experiments
- Highly collaborative and familiar working in cross-functional teams
- Fluency in spoken and written English
You will enjoy yourself in the role of a (Senior) Service Designer if you are willing to work in an agile environment and to develop your competency in applying state-of-the-art design methods in practice and develop customer centricity into next level.
Please submit your application via Apply -link below by 23.4.2023 at latest. We will review applications during the application phase so be quick!
For further information about the role, please contact Olli-Pekka Nieminen, Head of Service Design & Partnerships Development by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org