Senior Tools UX Designer / Remedy Entertainment
Remedy Entertainment, the Creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our in-house technology team and help drive our in-house tool development to help create high-quality Gaming experiences for the next generation of games.
As a Senior Tools Designer in the Northlight team, you will work in close collaboration with fellow designers, tools programmers, and game developers, to help us design great tools that will be used to create great games. You’ll test your designs directly with your users, design highly usable and productivity-driven interfaces with and for expert users, and guide the implementation of your spec alongside a team of programmers.
Because we believe design is more about the people than about the interfaces, we are looking for a particular kind of person. You enjoy learning and exploring new concepts hands-on. You care most about the impact your work has for your users. You have a ”move slowly and fix things” mentality. You enjoy working with others, yet you’re responsible enough to take action on your own.
We are open to designers of any seniority. Your responsibilities will be tailored to fit your experience and your interests where possible. Newer designers can look forward to mentorship in our growing UX team, who are invested in helping you learn and grow. More experienced designers can look forward to enjoying more independence and authority, and working with novel problems in rarely explored territories.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do:
- As our Tools Designer, you will collaborate closely with game developers and tech teams to design tools workflows and features
- You get to design and maintain user-friendly, productivity-driven interfaces and interactions
- You communicate and test your designs with high-fidelity spec and prototypes working closely with Tools Programmers to help implement your designs
- You will work closely with other designers to help improve tools UX and help strengthen our internal UX practices and methodology
What you bring to the role:
- You have previous experience in a UX designer or similar role
- You have experience with modern digital design tools and a portfolio of your design projects
- You have an understanding of design principles
- Additionally, interest in human psychology and behavior and in game production pipelines and tools are beneficial in this role
What is in it for you:
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable Gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki Metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you’re not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
To apply , please fill in the application form with your CV (in English), portfolio and other information relevant to the position.