Senior UI/UX Designer / ICEYE
Position: Senior UI/UX Designer
Hiring Model: Remote
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
About the role?
To support the company’s growth, we are looking for a Senior Designer to join our global Data Product Management Team. You will specifically be focused on the design of the Online User Interface (UI) for a customer-facing portal that enables users to task and access archive imagery for the ICEYE constellation of earth observation satellites. You will report to the Product Manager in this role.
Goals of the role: Work directly with users to map user objectives, behaviors, and pain points. Synthesize customer feedback into design artifacts for use by the Online engineering team. Specifically:
• Leverage Design Thinking and Human-Centered Design principles to work iteratively with the product team, product users, and other stakeholders to understand user needs and problems. Develop design recommendations to provide the best possible user experience for our products
• Gather feedback from the product team, users and stakeholders and turn collected insights into ideas, wireframes, prototypes or other required UX artifacts (IA, sitemap, user flows, etc.)
• Design new features and redesign existing ones in response to feedback and leveraging industry best practice. Build high-fidelity mockups (UIs) to guide engineering teams
• Review progress of design implementation and its alignment with design documentation
• Together with the engineering teams, work on user interface design guidelines and develop our ICEYE design system
• Support other engineering teams in UX/UI matters; foster an ICEYE community of practice around industry-best design
What you need to succeed:
• 5+ years of experience working in a product team, together with product owners, front and back-end engineers, and QA engineers
• You understand the importance of collaborating with users and stakeholders, and you work closely with them to understand pain points and iterate on potential solutions
• You are happy to articulate and justify your design decision within the team and across all interested parties, whenever it’s necessary
• You have experience in creating high-fidelity user interfaces that are simple, intuitive and following our existing design standards
• You have methodologies for systematically gathering and synthesizing customer feedback
• You have proven experience building products from the ground up or at early stages
• You know how to balance your work between needed user research, time constraints and team priorities
• You are a team player and support all teams’ efforts in achieving company goals
• You are comfortable working in the start-up/scale-up environment
• You are proficient at using design tools like Sketch and Figma, and familiar with web usability tools
Nice to have:
• Experience building products with map-based and geospatial interactions
• Ability to design UI animations and micro-interactions
• Interest or experience in the aerospace and/or geospatial industry
This job offer requires a portfolio with examples of your product design work.
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered – please make sure our recruitment team is able to access files or links you are attaching to the application.
What we offer
• A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
• An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
• Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
• A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, bike benefit, wellness, lunch, etc.)
• Phone subscription with iphone of choice
• Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation,relocation agency support)
• Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
• Finnish & English lessons
• Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
• A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Paul du Plessis