Senior UX Designer, Design System / SOK
At S Group we are building world-class design and development competence to meet our customers’expectations.We combineresearch,creativity,anddetails crafted with lovetomake ourcustomers’daily liveseasier. At SOK Design we, almost 40 designers, provide the human factor to virtually everything.
We operate and serve our customers in several different business fields: we have services in grocery stores, consumer goods/fashion/beauty stores, banking sector, service stations, hotels and restaurants. We work to create a coherent and delightful omni-channel customer experience throughout S Group’s different services on different channels (brick-and-mortar and digital channels, web and mobile).
To increase productivity and efficiency and to improve consistency, scalability and maintainability and to improve our employee experience, we have started to build S Design System. S Design System is a company-wide, multi-brand initiative and sort of an internal open source project. We are not exaggerating, when claiming that our Design System is and will be one of the widest in Finland. The scale is large, and thus we are looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our team of seven.
Senior UX Designer, S Design System
S Design System team designs and develops S Design System, which consists of design tokens, design kits, components and documentation. Design System work started in February 2022 and S Group’s product teams’ designers and developers are adopting new Design System gradually during this year. So we have already elements in use, but there is still a lot of greenfield work to be done for years to come. Communication is the key in this kind of horizontal effort, so we also create documentation to make the usage of Design System design and dev products as easy and convenient as possible. Our team works at the intersection of design and development, and horizontally unites the frontend and mobile development communities throughout SOK.
The team consists currently of seven team members (Design Lead/PO, two designers, three frontend engineers and one mobile engineer). We work in a hybrid mode and see each other at the office on a weekly basis. Our workflow covers the whole pipeline from research, propose/concept, detail-level design, coding, documentation and creating design kits with components and design tokens.
Your daily work consists of
- Conduct research by auditing existing digital services and creating UX inventory
- Creating concepts and visual design for components
- Creating documentation
- Collaborating with Design System team members but also across different product teams
What we hope from you
- Senior level experience of visual brand identity development
- Solid understanding of visual and UX design
- Experience, interest and commitment in long-term work and projects, preferably from design system/s, with several stakeholders. We are building the foundations for years to come.
- Skills to design icons following a cohesive icon style
- Experience of multi-platform design (responsive web and native mobile)
- Systematic way of working
- Ability to influence and assure people with a coaching approach; we are supporting and making the daily work lives easier for our internal customers, meaning our designers and engineers
- Our unit’s working language is English first. Finnish skills are beneficial but not required.
- We also value know-how on accessibility
What we offer for you
- An opportunity to be part of building one of the widest Design Systems in Finland. You will truly have an opportunity to impact not only on the daily lives of millions of customers but also on the employee / design / developer experience of our employees.
- A possibility to work in a mature and design-conscious environment with other professionals. You can read more about our ways of working from here .
- Support from the SOK Design community to boost your professional growth and learning. We are a team of ~40 design professionals.
- Modern but stable, open, and flexible working environment based on responsible and cooperative principles constantly eager to improve. We are owned by our customers and operate with the financial stability, safety and responsibility that comes with it.
- Ownership. You are not only visiting the project, you have the shared ownership of our Design System together with your team.
- Diverse career and development opportunities. S Group is the biggest private employer in Finland.
- Wide range of tangible employee benefits from our own products and services that help make your everyday taste a bit more special
- Occupational healthcare, sports and culture benefit and lunch benefit in our staff restaurant
Please submit your CV and portfolio here. Our recruiter Anna will be in touch with you! Once contact has been made, you will have the opportunity to ask what questions you may have about this job, our people, and what your future could look like at SOK.
Our interview process is comprehensive, and relatively painless. Besides Anna, you will meet our Design Competence Lead and your future teammates to give you a realistic picture of what it’s like to work here. As with our working culture, our candidate process exudes a nurturing environment of psychological safety coupled by an analysis of your compatibility, technically and socially. In short: we are good people, looking for more, good people. We fill the role once we’ve found the right person with converging professional interests.
We look forward to meeting you!