Senior UX Designer / M-Files
M-Files is a global leader in information management. The M-Files metadata-driven document management platform enables knowledge workers to instantly find the right information in any context, automate business processes, and enforce information control. This provides businesses with a competitive advantage and substantial ROI, as they deliver better customer experiences and higher-quality work with lower risk.
Our offices in Finland are located in Espoo and Tampere, and our Design team operates in these regions. We offer a flexible work-from-anywhere policy, and many employees choose to work remotely for the majority of their time. Ideally, for this position, you would be located in the Greater Helsinki region.
By joining M-Files, you will get the opportunity to contribute to our success and growth, while developing your own expertise. Our guiding principles of ”Make it happen”, ”Help others”, and ”Love customers” are highlighted through our daily actions as a team.
Summary of the role:
As a Senior UX Designer you’re responsible for designing world-class solutions for M-Files’ products. In this role, you actively seek to understand the M-Files Design DNA, strategic themes, key business drivers, and relevant user insights, and you’re able to convert them into design solutions. You excel at describing value propositions and justifying your choices based on research.
You thrive on collaboration and enjoy working in a team. You engage in active dialogue with customers and internal stakeholders to gain a holistic view of the topic you’re working on. You have the opportunity to work on all phases of design, from research to prototyping, and craft high-fidelity user interface concepts in Figma.
What you will be doing:
- Delivering world class UX/UI Design.
- Exploring wider topics and value creation domains (e.g., ”search,” ”collaboration”) that will guide subsequent UX/UI design.
- Planning and conducting user research and discovery work on the topics you are responsible for, with support from the UX Research Manager and the rest of the team.
- Clearly presenting your own design solutions and the thinking behind them to key stakeholders.
- International team of top performers
- Opportunity to contribute to our success and growth locally and globally
- Inclusive and dynamic culture (virtual and in-person)
- Flexible work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
Our Recruitment Process:
- Meeting with the Design Manager.
- The second part of this process is a home assignment: We ask you to create a presentation about one of your portfolio cases. We would like you to focus on topics such as the design process, learnings, goals, achievements, and any areas where you would approach things differently. Show us what you’re like as a designer.
- Meeting the team: Case presentation.
- Reference checks.
If you are interested, please send us your details: LinkedIn / CV and Portfolio. We will proceed with interviews right away, so be quick to apply.