Senior UX Designer / Netflix
Next Games is a Netflix Game Studio, focusing on creating compelling fans-first interactive experiences by combining the stories of well-known movies and shows with engaging game mechanics. An unwavering focus on fans and fun gameplay is at the core of the studios game development, free from the constraints of free-to-play.
As a Senior UX Designer you will be responsible for creating the best possible experience for our players.
Your priority will be to increase the quality of the game, working in a user-centred way, to achieve the best usability, engage-ability and accessibility. As the ideal candidate you will be the advocate to the players. You will provide knowledge to the team about player psychology, design thinking, visual design, prototype and research. In addition, you need to be a great communicator. As a senior UX Designer you will work closely with Game designers, Artists, Developers, Producers, UX researchers and UI artists. You will present your designs to the team, ask and receive feedback, organize workshops, etc. We are looking for a strong team player, to be approachable, empathic, humble and a problem solver.
You will be part of a team of highly motivated professionals. Here you will have the opportunity to impact the quality of our games and the whole UX craft by mentoring more junior members of the team as well as to grow your own career.
- You will plan, execute and own the UX experience in the game
- You will work closely with Team Lead and designers, UX researchers, artists and developers to influence key design decisions by sharing players goals and UX drivers
- You will work with a game or task throughout its life cycle
- You will promote user-centric design: understanding the problem, empathising with users and providing user friendly design solutions
- You will need to work in an iterative way providing, seeking and receiving feedback regularly
- You will be delivering high quality UX documentation
- You will be expected to identify improvement opportunities for the games
- You have a proven track record of providing a holistic vision and strategy to the team
- You have a passion for and have been working with improving usability, engage-ability and accessibility
- You have solid experience using Figma or similar
- You are comfortable working with Unity
- You have hands-on experience in creating wireframes, layouts, flows and prototypes
- You are a natural communicator with good presentation and organizational skills
- You are a strong team player, approachable, empathic, proactive, humble and a problem solver
- You are an experienced mentor with ability to mentor junior colleagues
- You are able to share best practices and create guidelines for the people in the team
- You are able to react and adapt quickly in a constantly changing environment