Senior UX Designer, One Digital / Nordea
#design #UX #customerexperience
Are you a passionate designer, looking to have an impact on the financial experience of 11 million customers across the Nordics? If yes, then you’ll fit right in! Nordea’s Customer Experience & Design team is rapidly growing and we are looking for a Senior UX Designer to strengthen the crew. This is a chance for you who love tough problems and want to help to shape the next generation digital customer experience.
Working with highly trained and international teams you’ll play a part in making us digitally native. Designing top-notch banking solutions to serve our customers’ continuously evolving needs – through innovative methods, collaboration with fintechs, etc. – is what excites you.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We have created an agile environment where we experiment and grow together, and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
Welcome to Nordea’s Designer Community. The team is located in Helsinki and harbours all talent – Content, Service, UX, and UI Designers – necessary to shape the future of banking today. We hope you’re as excited about joining us on this transformational journey as we are!
Inside Nordea, we add value by working at the forefront of intuitive, innovative and beautiful products that enable our customers. We work across projects that affect nearly all our customers, from retail to business banking, web, mobile, chatbots and soon-to-be voice. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviours, and emotions that inform product strategy and design decisions.
What you’ll be doing:
On a daily basis, you will work with native mobile or responsive web design projects from concept to development, while working side-by-side with our Designers, Developers and Business Stakeholders. We are looking for someone who is curious, continually looking for ways to grow their design skills, to work with our product development teams, to think critically about what we’re doing and how to improve the customer interactions through empathy.
- Designing solutions for complex customer needs in native mobile or responsive web platforms
- Partnering, influencing and supporting other cross functional delivery teams to shape the digital product or vision using Design Thinking practices
- Working with and alongside the User Research teams to gather insight, test hypothesis and incorporate customer feedback into solutions
- Continuing to stay up to date of the latest design tools and techniques, customer needs, behaviour and perceptions, as well as business and industry drivers
- Striving to ensure well-crafted, qualitative and accessible design
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Have a passion for all things design related, with a desire to push the boundaries of design and customer experiences
- Have strong communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to explain your design decisions
- Have strong work ethics, underpinned by a positive attitude and a passion for learning and growing
- Excel with an immaculate attention to detail
- Are a well-organised, independent and curious self-starter with a proven ability in enabling and producing high-quality design
- Want to create a real impact and know how to uncover customer insights from data-driven environments
Your experience and background:
- 5+ years of digital product design experience
- BA/MA degree in Art, Design, HCI or a related field
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and digital technologies
- Expert at UX and UI design, digital trends and complex problem-solving design methods
- Ability to create user flows through detailed sitemaps, wireframes and related documentation
- Skills to rapidly iterate designs and prototypes
- Knowledge how to extract customer insights from data-driven environments
- Comfortable facilitating meetings and workshops
- Experience in applying with Design Systems
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please note that we will start interviews already before job opening closes, submit your in English your application and portfolio as soon as possible, no later than 30/11/2022. For more information about the position, please contact Experience Director Frederique Vermaete firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.