Service Designer / ABB
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for a Service Designer at ABB Oy, Motion Services Division in Helsinki. In this role, you will develop the services and processes provided by Service Supply Unit Finland for our Local Sales Units all over the world. This means being part of improving the customer experience for our internal customers and coaching the Service Supply Unit teams to use service design in their development activities.
The services and processes you design aim to improve our customers’ energy efficiency, resulting in reduced CO2 emissions and reduced dependency on fossil fuels. In this position, you will organizationally be part of a Process Development Team in Service Supply Unit Finland, and in addition you will have a global inhouse community with 20 fellow Service Designers. You will have opportunities for professional development in service design as well as career possibilities in the field of design and beyond. You also have the possibility to learn about industrial automation, electric powertrains and B2B business in general.
We offer a wide variety of benefits including an annual performance bonus, a flexible working model, subsidized lunch, development & training, employee share ownership program, benefits for families with children, sports, massage and cultural benefits and many hobby clubs.
This position reports to
Manager, Indust.Design & User Experience
- Service design activities related to Service Supply Unit Finland’s services and processes
- Coaching internal teams to use service design in their development activities
- Nurturing design culture in the organization
- Leading service design part of projects
- Planning and carrying out stakeholder interviews for internal and external stakeholders
- Analyzing interview results and visualizing findings into an easy-to-understand format
- Participating to customer experience-related discussions as a service design expert
- Master’s degree in Service Design, Industrial Design or other relevant area
- Multiple years of Service Design work experience, ideally from b2b environment
- Ability to understand, process and visualize complex systems
- Proficiency with service design tools and methods
- Fluent verbal and written English communication skills, Finnish and other language skills are an advantage
- Self-guiding person who takes initiative and is up for teamwork
- Proficiency in conducting interviews and facilitating stakeholder workshops
- Ideally, you have interest in strategic aspects of design
More about us
ABB Motion Services serve customers around the globe with innovative services to maximize performance, uptime and energy efficiency throughout the lifetime of electrical motion solutions. Electrical motion is applied everywhere in industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation and is a cornerstone of the energy revolution. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We drive innovations through digitalization and make the difference for our customers and partners every day. ABB Motion keeps the world turning, while saving energy every day.
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
We offer you interesting position in the global market leading technology company that is striving for customer-focused service business with world-class processes. You will have the possibility to develop existing service portfolio based on changes in customer needs and feedback from the market. You will also be closely connected to and supported by our multidisciplinary inhouse designer community.
For more information, please contact Lead Service Designer Vesa Ylirisku, +358 50 332 2394
Interested in joining the crew? Please apply for the position by November 20, 2022. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid
Apply / Hae paikkaa.