Service Designer for ERP Development / ABB
Service Designer for ERP Development
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for a Service Designer at ABB Oy, Motion Services Division in Helsinki. In this role, you will support ERP development by mapping the overall Motion Services future customer journeys and facilitating the integration of internal processes to them. Additionally, you will participate in development of customer-facing service products.
The services and processes that you design, will improve our customers’ energy efficiency resulting in reduced CO2 emissions and reduced dependency on fossil fuels. In this position, you will be part of a growing global inhouse community with 20 fellow designers. You will have opportunities for professional development in service design as well as career possibilities in the field of design and beyond. You also have the possibility to learn about industrial automation, electric powertrains and B2B business in general.
Benefits we offer at the moment include e.g. an annual performance bonus, a flexible working model, subsidized lunch, development & training, employee share ownership program, benefits for families with children, sports, massage and cultural benefits and many hobby clubs.
This position reports to
Manager, Indust.Design & User Experience
- Service design activities related to the overall Motion Services future customer journeys
- Service design activities related to development of customer-facing service products and internal processes
- Participating in R&D and other projects, leading service design part of projects
- Planning and carrying out stakeholder interviews for internal and external stakeholders
- Analyzing interview results and visualizing findings into an easy-to-understand format
- Multiple years of Service Design work experience, ideally from b2b environment
- Ability to understand, process and visualize complex systems
- Proficiency with service design tools and methods, including interviews and facilitation
- Master’s level degree in Service Design, Industrial Design or other relevant area
- Self-guiding person who takes initiative and is up for teamwork
- Ideally, you have interest in the strategic aspects of design
- Fluent verbal and written English communication skills, Finnish and other language skills are an advantage in the role
More about us
ABB Motion Services serve customers around the globe with innovative services to maximize performance, uptime and energy efficiency throughout the lifetime of electrical motion solutions. Electrical motion is applied everywhere in industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation and is a cornerstone of the energy revolution. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We drive innovations through digitalization and make the difference for our customers and partners every day. ABB Motion keeps the world turning, while saving energy every day.
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
For more information contact Lead Service Designer Vesa Ylirisku, tel. +358 50 332 2394. Tuesdays between 13.00 and 16.30, Wednesdays between 09.00 and 12.00.
Interested in joining the crew? Please apply for the position by December 6, 2022. We look forward to receiving your application, including cover letter, CV and portfolio (or link to online portfolio). Documents submitted in English are appreciated. If you want to discover more about ABB Motion, take another look at our website https://new.abb.com/about/our-businesses/motion
Check also our employee stories at https://careers.abb/global/en/our-stories
Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid