Service Designer / Wärtsilä Oyj
Applications are open until further notice. / Haku auki toistaiseksi.
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians – put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä’s purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology, and our Smart Marine and Energy visions into reality. Our ultimate aim is to provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, game-changing ideas and continuous improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of.
Wärtsilä Information Management (IM) is an organization of 300+ IT professionals. IM supports Wärtsilä businesses in accelerating digital growth and business productivity.
We are looking for an energetic Service Designer to shape the future of our IT environment. In the Service Designer -position you will work in global IT projects and contribute to further development of Service Design methods in Wärtsilä. To qualify for the job, you need to be creative, ambitious, good with people and a fun person to work with.
- Acting as a Service Designer in IT / operational development projects
- Facilitating Service Design workshops
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to understand user needs and design user journeys
- Arranging design reviews, conducting usability tests and working with the project team to get designs implemented
- Development of Service Design methods and tools at Wärtsilä
- Supporting and coaching colleagues with Service Design methods
- Communication with various stakeholders
- M.Sc. in Information Technology or Economics & Business Administration (human computer interaction or similar)
- 2 years work experience as a Service Designer
- Sound understanding of IT development process and business needs
- Solid skills in Service Design methods: workshop facilitation, service blueprints, user journeys, personas, UI prototypes etc. UX design skills are a plus
- Excellent visualization, communication and collaboration skills as well as strong will to make user flow as simple and smooth as possible
- Proactive and goal-focused attitude
- Fluent written and spoken English
- A challenging job with interesting global projects
- An opportunity to boost and leave your mark on our Service Design journey
- Supportive and skilled colleagues and inspiring atmosphere
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
Possible LOCATIONS for this position are Vaasa and Helsinki.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Leena Savela, Service Design Lead
Mobile phone: +358 50 341 1281
Please submit your application including salary request at www.wartsila.com/careers latest by 13th of November, 2022.
Last application date: 13/11/2022
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. We emphasise innovation in sustainable technology and services to help our customers continuously improve their environmental and economic performance. Our dedicated and passionate team of 17,000 professionals in more than 200 locations in 68 countries shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. In 2021, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com.
Hae paikkaa. / Apply.