Sr. UI/UX Designer / A-CX
A-CX is a North American product design and development company headquartered in Silicon Valley with a team in Canada. We are founded by Finnish entrepreneurs and have several Fortune 500 clients, including Microsoft. We work on the coolest projects; AR/VR (XR) design, building a secure AWS cloud, and other secret work we’d love to brag about but can’t. We are expanding to Finland and are looking for a skilled multi-faceted, senior UI/UX Designer with experience in Web and XR to strengthen our team. This is a hybrid (remote / office) role with the ability to commute to Tampere a couple of days a week. We offer the opportunity to work with revolutionary products and join a highly skilled team. This is an opportunity to challenge yourself, learn, and grow.
We’d love to re-imagine product creation with you. We have built a culture, workflow, and team for the new era. For example, we give every employee a VR headset and use them in our team meetings. How cool is that? For example, we provide every employee with a VR headset and use them in our team meetings. How cool is that?
We’re a team of dynamic, diverse, and fun individuals who would love to get to know you!
Are we right for each other?
We are looking for an innovative product designer to re-imagine UI/UX for future virtual worlds. You will be responsible for producing high-quality, functional, accessible, and aesthetically pleasing designs that improve the customer’s workflow. You take pride in your work and collaborate with stakeholders showing passion and skill. It’s all about working together as a team! You get along with a diverse group of product managers and developers and enjoy working with clients.
As a designer, you’re responsible for designing solutions to bring future virtual worlds to life today, not only to XR devices but also to traditional two-dimensional interfaces. As an experienced team member, you know what excellent tastes like and continuously strive for yourself and the team to improve. Finally, if you have a passion for what you do and are good at it, it should be exciting, inspiring, and fun!
- Create designs from scratch, including concept storyboards, low-fidelity wireframes, mockups, interactive prototypes, and detailed design specs based on data from users and stakeholders.
- Design interfaces spanning from multi-modal interfaces to XR experiences.
- Drive user-centricity, including target customer and user group identification, customer insights, and user-needs clarification, and create user process flows and customer journey maps.
- Produce high-quality, functional, accessible, and aesthetically pleasing designs that improve the customer’s workflow.
- Work closely with the development team to align UI/UX and actual output and provide detailed design specs and timely feedback during revision cycles.
- Participate in primary and secondary research and collaborate with quantitative & qualitative user research programs to evaluate designs and drive improvement.
- Become a domain expert through daily use of prototypes, competitive, and complementary products to develop deep product intuition.
- Document and promote best practices, and push to improve design workflow processes.
- Support sales by providing technical insights, including estimation and technical proposals.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, Human Factors, or related HCI disciplines, or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience in UX/UI/Product design for multiple platforms such as web, mobile, games, multi-modal experiences, TV, and especially XR. Competence is more important than the number of years of experience.
- Passion for user-centric design and a fascination for how users experience a product.
- Practice rapid prototyping and iterative design practices to ensure the best possible user experience.
- Ability to mature ideas from abstract concepts to low-fidelity mockups (researching, evaluating, and critiquing a range of options) to high-fidelity mockups.
- Understand the importance of documentation and knowledge sharing.
- Enjoy creative problem-solving, and value respectful, constructive, collaborative feedback with other team members.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience working with remote / distributed teams and projects.
- A great team player who takes the initiative and swiftly acts on change requests.
- Experience with agile software development.
Please send us your resume and tell us what motivates you to achieve excellence.