Staff Product Designer / Wolt
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to home or to the office. Our local commerce platform makes it easy for customers to order whatever they need on one app, for merchants to make additional sales, and for couriers to make meaningful earnings flexibly. To enable this, Wolt develops a wide range of technologies from local commerce platform to retail software and financial solutions, as well as operates its own grocery stores under the brand Wolt Market. Wolt was founded in 2014 and joined forces with DoorDash in 2022. DoorDash operates in 27 countries today, 23 of which are with the Wolt product and brand.
Wolt not only offers great apps to customers and partners, but is also developing a broad range of technologies and solutions. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of minutes, in the customer’s own language.
So, why work at Wolt?
At Wolt, we’re about getting things done.
You’ll probably enjoy it here if you like taking ownership, developing yourself and being around friendly, humble and ambitious people.
We work hard to make cities into better places, and it’s pretty cool seeing us grow every week. If you’re passionate about building things that just… work, Wolt might be for you.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We want to have all sorts of people in our team – people like you and me, and people different from you and me. To be able to work with diverse teammates – when it comes to gender, age, ethnicity, life background, sexual orientation, political views, religion, or any other personal trait – we consciously aim to offer equal opportunity for everyone to work with us. This is because we believe diverse teams make the most thought-through decisions and build things in the most inclusive way.
Join us today to build Wolt together.
At Wolt, we strive to make the best products for our customers. We work hard to develop new ways to make it easy for them to order food from the best restaurants, grocery stores, and other local shops. Our products have the industry’s highest ratings because we always put the customer first.
And we are looking for a StaffProduct Designer to work on our Design Systems. This will be someone who has experience defining and building a design language system to ensure cohesive experiences across multiple platforms at scale.
You’re a great fit for this role if you:
- Are passionate about delivery and how it can impact people’s lives for good.
- Can concept on the fly and collaborate with anyone to get things done.
- Have empathy for your audience and can anticipate user needs.
- Keep up to date with the latest design trends and techniques.
- Thrive in a fast-paced organisation.
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm, or you can work remotely anywhere in Finland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, and Estonia. Read more about our remote setup here.
What you’ll do:
As a Design Systems Designer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Creating and managing the design language system that meets the needs of our product and engineering teams
- Collaborating with product and engineering teams to find elegant and practical solutions to design challenges and ensure the design system is driving the desired user experience
- Providing thought leadership to inspire and develop the right design direction
- Working closely with engineers to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of the system, and collaborating with designers to help them identify and create design solutions, new elements, and components that adhere to the system
- Taking full ownership of your work and being responsible for every last detail, every step of the way
- Monitoring the usage of the system and providing feedback on how to improve it
- Establishing design standards and principles accompanying the design system for scalability, efficiency, and consistency
- Evaluating and improving usability and accessibility of components and being a champion for the user
- Upholding a high standard for design excellence and contributing to raising the bar for design at our company
Who you are:
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications:
- Very clear demonstrable experience building design systems.
- Proven experience creating design systems for a consumer-focused tech company, so you understand what it takes to create elegant, consumer-oriented experiences at scale.
- Strong interaction and visual design skills, with the ability to articulate the difference between what makes a bland vs magical experience.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to inspire teams to take the necessary steps to create a cohesive design language.
- A people-focused design mentality, constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether that’s hands-on user research or a quantitative A/B test.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so feel free to apply as soon as you feel like hearing more about the position and potentially joining Wolt! Please kindly make sure to include your portfolio with your application!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and equity. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
If you want to check up on your application or have any further questions about the position, you can turn to Talent Acquisition Partner Elisa Haikala at firstname.lastname@example.org at any given time.