Staff UX Motion Designer / Wolt
Wolt is a Helsinki-based technology company that provides an online platform for consumers, merchants and couriers. It connects people looking to order food and other goods with people interested in selling and delivering them. To enable this, Wolt develops a wide range of technologies from local logistics to retail software and financial solutions – as well as operating its own grocery stores under the Wolt Market brand. Wolt’s products include Wolt+ (subscription service for customers), Wolt for Work (meal benefits and office deliveries for companies), Wolt Drive (fast last-mile deliveries for merchants) and Wolt Self-Delivery (service for merchant partners with their own delivery staff). Wolt’s mission is to make cities better by empowering and growing local communities. Wolt was founded in 2014 and joined forces with DoorDash in 2022. DoorDash operates in 29 countries today, 25 of which are with the Wolt product and brand.
Working in Product Development at Wolt
At Wolt, we’re about getting things done. You’ll probably enjoy it here if you like taking ownership, developing yourself and being around friendly, humble and ambitious people.
The behind the scenes of Wolt is run by an awesome bunch of over 400+ planners, builders, designers and data crunchers. We call ourselves Product+, as we’re the very core of Wolt’s products, tools and platforms. To build our products, we work in over 40 cross-functional, independent and autonomous teams. Teams are made up of a mix of talented individuals: engineers, designers, data scientists, analysts, and product leads. Each team takes ownership for solving customer problems in the best possible way.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We want to have all sorts of people in our team – people like you and me, and people different from you and me. To be able to work with diverse teammates – when it comes to gender, age, ethnicity, life background, sexual orientation, political views, religion, or any other personal trait – we consciously aim to offer equal opportunity for everyone to work with us. This is because we believe diverse teams make the most thought-through decisions and build things in the most inclusive way.
Join us today to build Wolt together.
We are looking for a seasoned UX Motion Designer to join us in our journey of bringing the city into your pocket. It’s in our DNA to create delightful and finessed experiences for our customers, and with the help of motion design, we can create better UX and find solutions that evoke an emotional connection to the product.
In this role, you have an exciting opportunity to work across multiple different platforms and product verticals at Wolt, with a focus on our consumer-facing application. You’ll also contribute to our design systems, applying your expertise in functionality of individual elements to create a cohesive UX across all our offerings.
This role is perfect for someone who has mastered the craft of UX motion design, striving to create beautifully designed products that resonate with our users while maintaining consistency through adherence to our design system.
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm, or you can work remotely anywhere in Finland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, and Estonia. Read more about our remote setup here. If you live outside of these countries – not to worry! We provide relocation support to help you make your way to Finland, Germany or Sweden.
- Possess a strong foundation in UX principles, and can apply them to create seamless and compelling transitions and animations.
- Are passionate about motion graphics and how it impacts in creating a delightful user experience.
- Have a keen eye for detail and design aesthetics, always aiming to produce work of the highest standard.
- Have empathy for your audience and can anticipate user needs.
- Know your way around Figma and prototyping tools.
- Are willing to take ownership and run projects across multiple different teams and product verticals.
- Are a good communicator and comfortable working with different stakeholders from operational to technical teams.
- Thrive in a fast-paced organization.
What you’ll do:
- Listen carefully. You’ll be focusing on how our user interactions feel, move, and flow. The better you understand our users problems the better your solutions will be. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Collaborate across teams. You’ll partner closely with product, engineering, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to inspire and develop the right UX motion design direction. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Imagine the way forward. You’ll take full ownership of your work, from ideation to execution, ensuring every animation, transition, and interaction is thoughtfully designed and seamlessly implemented.
Who you are:
- Experience. You’ve been designing for 5+ years for a enterprise SaaS product design experience, so understand what it takes to create elegant, customer-oriented and and motion-rich experiences.
- Mastery. You are a versatile designer, with a deep understanding of user experience, interaction design, and motion design principles. You’re comfortable with tools like Figma, After Effects, and Protopie, and you’re always ready to learn new tools and methodologies.
- You’re a strong communicator. You can articulate the reasoning behind your design decisions and inspire teams to aim for the best user experience. You can balance the needs of users with technical constraints and business goals.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. Constantly looking to refine your design instinct through user feedback. Whether that’s conducting user testing, gathering quantitative data, or iterating on designs based on A/B test results.
- You’re innovative and forward-thinking. You’re always looking at the latest trends in motion design and thinking about how they can be applied to improve our product. You’re not afraid to push boundaries and advocate for innovative solutions.
- You are detail-oriented. You understand that the success of UX motion design lies in the details. From the timing of animations to the subtleties of transitions, you ensure that every element contributes to a seamless and enjoyable user experience.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner – Elif Dilan Ayaz (email@example.com).