Summer job: UX/UI Designer Trainees (Helsinki) / Elisa
Do you desire to develop innovative digital consumer services and ensure those provide real added value for Elisa’s customers? Want to get the opportunity to dive into our user experience to help us make it even better? Excellent.
We are looking for two talented UX/UI and UI DesignerTrainees to strengthen our design team in Elisa’s consumer service area for the summer of 2022. The Traineeship period is paid and the contract is fixed-term until the end of September 2022.
At Elisa consumer services you will be part of a multicultural and multidisciplinary design team delivering rich designs and innovative user experiences for different platforms and devices. You will be involved in every part of the product development process: from research to testing final implementation with users. Your work might be independent, but you will never be alone. You will be part of our enthusiastic and professional design team who will support and co-work with you.
You will join a team of 10 designers and an Elisa-wide design community with more than 50 designers, and our weekly design breakfasts where we share the latest design trends and updates. Our working culture is flexible, in many ways. You have the freedom to choose the best way to do your work and where you wish to do it. We have a strong culture of trust and respect, and we believe that this is the key to success.
About the roles:
UX/UI Designer Trainee can:
- Design and execute all aspects of user experience and interface design: information architecture (IA), workflows, wireframes, and prototyping for various platforms and devices
- Present your designs clearly to stakeholders and elaborate, discuss and defend your design decisions
- Make design solutions using both qualitative and quantitative data
- Gather deep understanding of customer needs and communicate findings to internal stakeholders
UI Designer Trainee can:
- Design modern, fresh and creative visuals in accordance with the brand of Elisa
- Communicate effectively with various stakeholders (such as business, tech and design)
- Create materials compatible for commercial web environment
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite well (Figma is a plus)
- Produce simple but effective copy texts occasionally in Finnish
- Video editing and animation experience is a plus
What do we expect from you to succeed?
- Understanding and experience in UX/UI design of digital consumer products
- Solid understanding of usability, information architecture, accessibility and design practices
- Eye for detail and a great sense of aesthetics and functionality
- Strong curiosity about users and how to anticipate their needs by understanding behaviors and needs
- Knowledge about user-centered methods for product and service design
- Knowledge about human-computer interaction design
- Eagerness to learn and grow
- Studies in a relevant field
- Good collaborative skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in English
We also appreciate if you have
- Understanding of agile/lean practices
- Understanding of accessibility guidelines
What we offer?
You will have the chance to develop your own skills in a flexible and energetic work atmosphere with nice, humble and experienced colleagues. You will have caring leaders, opportunity to learn, share your knowledge with others, modern tools and flexible work culture. Your work will be challenging and interesting! Elisa is by proof one of the best places to work in Finland, and we can’t wait for you to join us! Our head office is in Pasila, Helsinki. Check out more reasons to join us.
Elisa employs over 5,000 professionals in 16 countries in a variety of positions, such as application developers, salespersons, designers, analysts, network infrastructure designers, and builders, as well as business and customer service experts. We are proven to be one of the best and most equal workplaces in Europe. Our Elisa Ideal Work concept includes flexible ways of working, and continuous learning, improvement and innovation are part of our culture.
Great! Shoot us an application with a portfolio as soon as possible, and at the latest April 10, 2022. We’ll fill the positions as soon as we find the right candidate.
- Application screening
- Interview with the hiring manager
- Design assignment
- Interview with the design team
- Final interview with the design manager
For more information about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Design Team Manager Melina Kukkasela: melina.kukkasela(a)elisa.fi or 0505060503
Application period starts: 2022-03-31 14:00 Application period ends: 2022-04-10 23:59