Technical Specialist, UX Design / Nokia Oyj
Applications are open until further notice. / Haku auki toistaiseksi.
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G we have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN).
What you will learn and contribute to
Job in a nutshell
Network Management organisation is looking for an experienced UX designer to join an international agile team renewing Nokia’s network management solutions. You will work in close co-operation with the lead designer, product management, product owners, technical architects and software developers. You have great chance to get involved in long-term product development from the beginning and get your input already to the product concepting phase.
During the first months you will work closely with lead designer. Together you will plan and facilitate co-creation workshops to clarify problem areas, define user requirements and create world-class user journeys for the new product. As a UX designer, you are responsible for creating UI concepts defining detailed interactions, communicating the design and justifications and bringing user perspective and lean UX practices into the development. You will also co-operate with other Nokia designers to develop consistent Nokia user experience.
What we expect
We are looking for a person who has a true passion for great design and solid communication skills to explain your design rationale in good English. You should have experience in working in early phases of product development and in strong design portfolio that demonstrates your ability to solve different design problems. You are a hands-on designer who is comfortable to work in a challenging design domain with a lot of technological complexity. You are enthusiastic to understand the needs of the customers and users, good at formulating interaction concepts, and highly skilled in designing the UI interactions down to all details. You would also have a willingness to travel occasionally when needed.
Are you passionate about solving problems? As part of our team, you will:
- Maintain our UX vision to meet the competition and attract our customers
- Transform our key customer use cases to concrete user flows in UI and UI sketches that meet our performance requirements and are reasonable to implement via an active dialog with several stakeholders – both business and technical . To succeed with this we expect that you have also technical experience implementing UIs so you can understand the technical boudaries we have
- Help our international teams to understand how to implement attracting and highly operational UIs to our product for our customers
Your skills and experience
- ability to create simple solutions from large amount requirements and complex problems (so that even mgmt can understand it)
- UI design skills such as UX mocups and UI design
- Basic understanding of UI testing tools and practices (for example Test Café or similar)
- Understand how to do good quality assurance for E2E use cases at the lowest possible level
- Ability to deliver within agreed time boundaries
- Team work skills and ability to facilitate workshops
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience on service design methods (User personas, customer journeys) and user research (interviews, observations)
- Willingness (and experience) to facilitate best community practices
- Experience on the telecommunications sector, but it is not necessary a precondition.
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
If you would like to ask more details about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (1) Jenni Kylmäkoski | LinkedIn
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
Apply. / Hae paikkaa.