Textile Designer, Bed & Bath category / Marimekko Oyj
We are looking for a
Textile Designer, Bed and Bath category, to join our Home Design team in Marimekko Helsinki HQ.
As a Textile Designer role you will design products for Home Collections in bed and bath category including woven and knitted Home accessories. You responsible to creating sketches and visualizing your ideas throughout the conceptual design process and building tech packs for textile products. You will responsible also to create and maintain Home Collection overviews for cross-functional use. Creative brainstorming as well as everyday routine works gives the colorful and inspiring vibe for your daily works. You will work closely with our Home Design team (Design Director & Designers), Artwork Studio, Home Concept team as well as the Sampling Studio in our Printing mill.
This role is a full-time and permanent position and will report to Design Director, Home & Print Design.
To succeed in this position you need to have a positive attitude and an extensive experience in textile and home product design especially in bed and bath category including woven and knitted Home accessories. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for innovations, sustainable solutions and excellent knowledge of printing and weaving techniques, different materials, technical fabrications and a strong sensibility in prints, colors and high quality. Our ideal candidate is clear with processes, problem solver and a good team player. Lastly, you are creative, passionate with products, well organized and detail oriented.
You are not afraid to take responsibility and are eager to contribute to Marimekko’s bright future.
- textile product design and product development in bed and bath category including woven and knitted Home accessories
- create and maintain the tech packs of designs for proto making
- coloring prints
- coordinating samples
- commenting prototypes
- coordinating collections related things (prepare the materials for the milestones meetings)
- create and maintain the collection overviews
The job requires:
- textile design degree (BA/MA)
- a few years work experience in textile and home product design
- excellent computer skills: Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign, (Clo 3D design software is a bonus)
- in-depth understanding of the textile industry, home product design and collection work
- in-depth knowledge of different textile techniques (printing, weaving, knitting)
- ability to build tech packs (including in some cases artwork) and pass specs in a detailed, organized and clear manner for factory proto sample making
- an exceptional eye for colors & quality
- ability to work well under pressure
- excellent teamwork skills
- fluent written and verbal communication skills in English – Finnish is an advantage
At Marimekko we encourage people to be themselves. We believe in fairness and doing things together, using common sense and finding joy in our work. If you connect with these values and have the right background, then we can offer you a unique opportunity to work in an exciting, international environment.
If all this sparks your interest and you feel like you are the one we are looking for, please send your application including your CV and cover letter with salary expectation via our career site at http://company.marimekko.com/careers. Let us hear from you as soon as possible but no later than on Sunday 21st of August. We will start the interviews already during the application period and will close the recruitment as soon as the right person has been found.
For more information about the role, please contact Minna Kemell-Kutvonen (Design Director, Home&Print Design) August 10th 4-5 PM or August 11th at 4-5 PM EET: +358 50 301 9727.
Marimekko’s culture and working environment are founded on equality, inclusion and cherishing diversity. Marimekko welcomes and encourages everyone regardless of their national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion or other personal characteristic to apply. Recruitment is always based on business need, and the candidates are evaluated on relevant knowledge, skills and experience as well as motivation.
Apply. / Hae paikkaa.